Recipe Chicken broccoli

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
7:19 PM
This is another original recipe that we inherited from my mother-in-law.

Ingredients: 2 heads of broccoli, chicken parts (about 1 pound), egg, garlic, onions, butter

Procedure: Boil the chicken part for 10 minutes then slice and take away the bones. Slice the broccoli into the desired size, include the stem but take away the rind. Sautee the crushed garlic and sliced onion in little cooking oil. When partially cooked, add the chicken filet and a tablespoon of butter. Fry until cooked before adding the broccoli. Fry for 3 minutes. Add the scrambled egg together with the broth (where you boiled the chicken).

Best served with steamed rice.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sound like it might be good. I will probably give it a try because it is simple and easy and a great meal to have when you have to prepare a quick meal. Chicken and broccoli are two of my favorite foods so I don't think I can go wrong with this.

I like all of the ingredients that this recipe calls for - the chicken, the broccoli, the egg, the garlic, the onions and the butter. Combining all of these ingredients together sounds like it would make a very tasty meal. The method seems kind of simple and quick too. This is really original and a very good idea. Serving it with steamed rice would work out well for lunch or dinner. Having it on its own would make a good breakfast.

This would sit well in my thread calling for broccoli suggestions. I feel like I make something similar from time to time. I just think I would add some soy sauce, me being a soy sauce addict.

This is another original recipe that we inherited from my mother-in-law.

Ingredients: 2 heads of broccoli ..... Best served with steamed rice.

I cooked this for my dinner tonight! I did alter it slightly by using purple sprouting broccoli (cooked separately and added with the chicken), and I sautéed sliced mushroom and red and yellow peppers with the garlic and onions. I omitted the scrambled egg (as I don't particularly like it), added a little freshly ground black pepper and a splash of soy sauce with the broth, and served it with plain boiled rice.

I'm rather curious as to how scrambled egg works in this dish. It is a very unusual combination to have scrambled eggs with chicken. Is it mixed in to the broccoli and chicken or does it sit on top or something? Also, how much broth is added? I agree with @winterybella and @Elawin about adding soy sauce. I think it could be a little plain otherwise.

I'm rather curious as to how scrambled egg works in this dish. It is a very unusual combination to have scrambled eggs with chicken. Is it mixed in to the broccoli and chicken or does it sit on top or something? Also, how much broth is added? I agree with @winterybella and @Elawin about adding soy sauce. I think it could be a little plain otherwise.
I added a couple of ladlefuls of broth - mainly because I have throat problems and can have trouble swallowing). Depends how soupy you want it and whether you serve it up with anything else, I suppose. I think that most Chinese meals that have scrambled egg in have pieces of the egg mixed in rather than in one "piece".

Back
Top Bottom