Recipe Chicken Chimichanga's

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
12:04 PM
I found a couple of the pictures :)

Spanish Rice: I cheated. I bought a box of Spanish rice to use for the stuffing :(

Ingredients:
Spanish Rice
Shredded Chicken (I used three breasts)
Medium spicy salsa
Cumin
Oregano
4 tortillas

Method
  • Shred the chicken and mix it in with the cooked Spanish rice. Add the listed seasonings and salsa (and a few other things, but I can't remember what they were).
  • Stuff and wrap the tortillas. (FWIW, Colleen tried to show me how to wrap them properly, but you can see I failed. I lightly brushed them with oil and baked them in the oven).
  • Top with whatever you like.

20180107_124902.jpg
20180107_174219.jpg
20180107_175217.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good to me. BTW - my everyday dinner ware is white. I have a dinner plate, bowl and salad plate like yours for photos. It makes a nice background for food.

Looks good to me. BTW - my everyday dinner ware is white. I have a dinner plate, bowl and salad plate like yours for photos. It makes a nice background for food.

That's our standard dinner ware. I don't care what they look like. As long as they successfully hold my food :) lol Thank you for the compliment.

I have a dinner plate, bowl and salad plate like yours for photos.

I hate to say this but very few exceptions, the best background for food is not a patterned one. Basically, a patterned plate interferes with the visual perception of the shapes, colours and textures of the food. Having said this, a patterned rim on the plate can work sometimes to 'frame' the food. I am speaking from a professional perspective here - if you want the photos to really show the food at its best (this isn't simply my personal opinion). The same goes for the background surface/background behind the plate. So often a good photo is ruined because its photographed on a grungy coloured work top.

But, of course, you can serve food on any plate you like really! Its how it tastes that really matters.:D

I found a couple of the pictures :)

Spanish Rice: I cheated. I bought a box of Spanish rice to use for the stuffing :(

Ingredients:
Spanish Rice
Shredded Chicken (I used three breasts)
Medium spicy salsa
Cumin
Oregano
4 tortillas

Method
  • Shred the chicken and mix it in with the cooked Spanish rice. Add the listed seasonings and salsa (and a few other things, but I can't remember what they were).
  • Stuff and wrap the tortillas. (FWIW, Colleen tried to show me how to wrap them properly, but you can see I failed. I lightly brushed them with oil and baked them in the oven).
  • Top with whatever you like.

View attachment 13363 View attachment 13364 View attachment 13365

Did the black beans come with the Spanish rice and is that cheese in the mix?

Back
Top Bottom