Chicken club sammies....

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:57 AM
wife's going to a fundraiser tonight, she just rung and told me I need to make something for the break. She requested club sammies. These will contain 2 chicken breasts just cooked and cooling, with plum sauce. Lettuce, Mayo, tomatoes and mashed egg, this is very much loved by people that like my sammies, the egg is mashed with butter s and p, and curry powder and home made Mayo. I'm all prepped ready to make in a couple of hours. Pics to follow!!

Russ

Interesting - I looked up Club Sandwich and it seems they are usually toasted. I honestly don't think I've ever ordered or eaten a club sandwich, so I don't really know if that's true or not.

The other thing I discovered is that the 'club' in 'club sandwich' stands for Chicken and Lettuce Under Bacon. I don't really know if that is true either!

A Club sandwich to me has 3 pieces of toasted white sandwich bread. There is a top layer (my favorite includes sliced turkey) which usually has the meat of choice, bacon and lots of mayo. The bottom layer has lettuce, tomato and lots of mayo. Both layers are separated by one piece of toast, with a bottom piece and a top piece. The sandwich is sliced in quarters and each quarter is held together with a long, fancy topped tooth pick. I dare anyone to eat this sandwich without making a mess. Oh and the top layer has to be stuffed full! Extra mayo on the side. They can keep the fries/chips.

Here's a good example/explanation of what is a club sandwich in the US (regional differences may vary):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_sandwich

I love club sandwiches. Mine are usually toasted white bread, loads of mayo, lettuce, tomato, cheese, ham, bacon, middle bread slice (mayo both sides), lettuce, tomato, cheese, turkey, bacon, top bread slice loaded with mayo, all held together with a long toothpick and a dill pickle and potato chips/crisps on the side.

Not dissimilar to a Dagwood sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom