Recipe Chicken Enchilada Slow Cooker Soup

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
3:52 AM
Since the weather is slightly cooler, it seems many are thinking about warmer, heavier dishes, and using slow cookers and the ovens again. I love chicken enchiladas, so this soup sounds good to me. I would serve it with warm corn tortillas. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/218057/chicken-enchilada-slow-cooker-soup/

I'm putting the directions here, so y'all can see if it looks interesting, and then the link with the ingredients and picture is above if anyone wants to make it. It seems pretty straightforward to me, and I love green chiles, so I'm hoping to try making this at some point, although it's still a tad warm here still.

1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts, then place into the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the corn, tomatoes, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, green chiles, onion, cilantro, bay leaves, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
  2. Cook on Low for 6 hours. Transfer the chicken to a large plate, then shred the meat with two forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and continue cooking for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

This sounds really good. With the cooler weather here and the much colder weather on its way this recipe will be on my to make list. I am always looking for things to make on those chilly days. I make soup and chilli but like to find other things.

To till chips would also go good with this so that you have the crunch component with the soup. I always like to have the little surprise crunch when I am eating soft foods. You can cut corn tortillas into small strip and then deep fry them for a few seconds. Quick and easy garnish for the dish.

Yum, we make chicken tortilla soup here which seems to be much the same as this recipe - and it's a big favorite around fall/winter in our household. Plus, slow cookers are basically my best friend at this time of year...they're so convenient and there's so many delicious warming recipes that can be made in them!

Yes, I'd serve it with tortillas, as well. when I'm using flour tortillas, I usually just heat them directly on the gas burners, and sometimes add a little butter, fold and eat. With this recipe, I'd butter and lightly saute corn tortillas just enough to crisp them up a tad, as @Rosyrain mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom