Chicken feet and innards for appetizer

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
3:29 PM
In Chinese restaurants, this chicken feet in chili is common. It is an alternative to the cold cuts or even the dumplings. But the chicken intestines is an invention of Filipinos. The chicken intestine is cooked in a broth with spices. The same goes for chicken. But the chicken feet is fried while the chicken intestine is barbecued. It's a novelty but delicious.

I'm not really loving this..... but I'll give almost anything a try except eyeballs and chick embryos. My partner says he has had duck's feet in a Chinese restaurant in Soho. They are served 'standing up' in the sauce!:laugh:

I love to see total use of a animal,some people collect the blood ,eat the wattles or combs ,waste nothing as the creature died for food

I have never had pigs feet that way but I use to eat pickled pigs feet which were really quite tasty. Haven't had them in a number of years though. I am usually up to trying anything once.

I have never had pigs feet that way but I use to eat pickled pigs feet which were really quite tasty. Haven't had them in a number of years though. I am usually up to trying anything once.
We have here the crispy pig knuckles which are served in Chinese restaurants. One big restaurant chain called Bakahan at Manukan has the best crispy pig knuckles. It is fried and so crispy that you can eat almost anything except the bone. The waiter said that drinkers order it together with beer. At first, I didn't want to try it but when my sister ordered it, that's when I realized that indeed it was delicious. We did not order beer but we ate those crisp pig knuckles with steamed rice.

Reactions: L_B
That sounds rather interesting Corzhens. I would definitely give them a try and see what they tasted like. I just realized that your original post was about chicken feet and not pigs feet. lol I misread that one. My sister makes a chicken feet stew which is rather different. I can honestly say that I have not had chicken feet. There really isn't a whole lot to them.

I love eating chicken feet or ducks feet at dim sum. I've grown up eating chicken feet all my life so it's not something unusual for me to eat. My husband refuses to try it and finds it quite disgusting. I'm hoping my kids will try it some day.

I always love the Asian ideal of not wasting any part of the animal. It's a way of honoring the animal's sacrifice really so I do enjoy eating chicken innards and beef oxtail and such. Anyway organs and innards are more nutritious, tasty and affordable plus anything tastes good if you cook it well.

I'm not really loving this..... but I'll give almost anything a try except eyeballs and chick embryos. My partner says he has had duck's feet in a Chinese restaurant in Soho. They are served 'standing up' in the sauce!:laugh:
I am not loving it and I am not planning on giving it a try. The chicken feet we have prepare here in something of a pickle with cucumbers, some lime, salt, onions, parsley, hot peppers and whatever else some may add for flavour. Some also like to use it in soup or stews but I won't say it's that popular. As for the intestines, I am not going there at all. I often think I am too safe and boring when it comes to things I will eat.

Back
Top Bottom