The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
11:33 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
IMG_0841.JPG

This is what happens when I make too much of something. In this case, my Chicken Tikka Masausage recipe yielded 4 pounds of chicken sausage, and I wasn't about to use it all in the same way. Here, I roll some into meatballs and pan fry them. This led me to create a sauce. I started out with something like a marinara sauce, but then the flavors wandered out of the Mediterranean and into the Indian subcontinent.

Ingredients

8 ounces chicken sausage, ideally Chicken Tikka Masausage
1/2 ounce green onion, slice in small pieces
4 garlic cloves, diced
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon fenugreek powder
1/2 teaspoon turmurec
14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt, adjusted to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground to taste
1/4 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt

Directions

1. Form chicken sausage into 8 balls. Pan fry on medium heat for about 8 minutes, turning periodically to brown all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.

IMG_0838.JPG

2. Add green onion and garlic to the pan. Cook for a minute, stirring frequently to coat the onion and garlic with grease from the meatballs.

IMG_0839.JPG

3. Add garam masala, fenugreek, and turmurec, mixing thoroughly and scraping up any browned leavings in the pan.

4. Heat for one more minute. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper, scraping up any residue from the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is mostly reduced. Use immersion blender to smooth out, or place in blender or food processor, then return to the pan.

IMG_0840.JPG

5. Stir in half-and-half and yogurt. Adjust seasoning and add water if needed to achieve desired consistency.

6. Serve meatballs and sauce with basmati rice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom