Preparation time: 10-15 min

Ingredients

1 yellow onion, chopped
2 one-clove garlics (or 7-10 cloves), chopped
200g chicken nuggets, cut into thin slices
80 g cashew nuts, crushed
0,5 teaspoon cumin (jeera)
0,5 teaspoon dried coriander
0,5 teaspoon dried ginger (or 1,5 teaspoons grated ginger)
A pinch of chilipowder (or 1/4 red chili, deseeded and sliced)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (or 1/2-3/4 teaspoon grated turmeric)
1/4 teaspoon paprika (bell pepper powder)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Zest and juice of one lemon
2 teaspoons sugar
4 dl starchy vegetable cream (soy, oats,…) or vegetable milk and 2 tablespoons of plain flour or corn starch
1 cube of vegetable bouillon (or 2,5 dl of homemade vegetable broth and less vegetable cream)
3-4 stalks of chopped parsley
(salt)

Fry the onion on medium heat. Add the garlic, sliced nuggets, nuts and spices and fry for 30-40 seconds. Add the lemon, sugar, vegetable cream and crumbled vegetable stock cube. (If you use homemade veggie broth, mix the flour into the nugget-nut-spice mix before adding the liquid). Let simmer for a couple of minutes and add some parsley. Serve with spaghetti.

chicken nuggets, cut into thin slices

This looks pretty. Lots of lovely spices in there.

When I saw the title I thought you meant Chicken Nuggets as are sold in the UK (and the USA, I believe) - frozen bits of chicken coated in breadcrumbs. But somehow I don't think you mean that...

1601563925607.png

This is a great recipe. The pieces in the photo look like they're cut like chicken stroganoff though.

^ :D The pieces are exactly those crappy premade nuggets, LissaC. A child-friendly recipe for impractical auteurs. I had one pack of nuggets in the fridge in the wake of last weekend's hiking trip. I just cut the nuggets (bbf 10.10.2020; packed in vacuum) into thin slices. I didn't want to throw them in the garbage bin.

^ :D The pieces are exactly those crappy premade nuggets, LissaC. A child-friendly recipe for impractical auteurs. I had one pack of nuggets in the fridge in the wake of last weekend's hiking trip. I just cut the nuggets (bbf 10.10.2020; packed in vacuum) into thin slices. I didn't want to throw them in the garbage bin.

Well, well - brilliant! But what happens to the crumb coating?

The batter stuck fine on the nugget slices during frying and acted as an extra thickener when adding the vegetable cream. I used two cans of vegetable cream: one with 4% fat and corn starch and another with 15% fat, potato starch and cheese flavor. The nuggets (link) were sturdy and contained a decent percentage (57%) of poultry. Nuggets taste salty and bland so I added some cashews to give some crunch. Big bits of lemon peel gave a nice tangy aftertaste. In my opinion this was a much better way of getting rid of the nuggets than dipping them into ready-made sweet chili or curry sauce.

Chicken nuggets limonello

View attachment 47385

Serves 4
Preparation time: 10-15 min

Ingredients

1 yellow onion, chopped
2 one-clove garlics (or 7-10 cloves), chopped
200g chicken nuggets, cut into thin slices
80 g cashew nuts, crushed
0,5 teaspoon cumin (jeera)
0,5 teaspoon dried coriander
0,5 teaspoon dried ginger (or 1,5 teaspoons grated ginger)
A pinch of chilipowder (or 1/4 red chili, deseeded and sliced)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (or 1/2-3/4 teaspoon grated turmeric)
1/4 teaspoon paprika (bell pepper powder)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Zest and juice of one lemon
2 teaspoons sugar
4 dl starchy vegetable cream (soy, oats,…) or vegetable milk and 2 tablespoons of plain flour or corn starch
1 cube of vegetable bouillon (or 2,5 dl of homemade vegetable broth and less vegetable cream)
3-4 stalks of chopped parsley
(salt)

Fry the onion on medium heat. Add the garlic, sliced nuggets, nuts and spices and fry for 30-40 seconds. Add the lemon, sugar, vegetable cream and crumbled vegetable stock cube. (If you use homemade veggie broth, mix the flour into the nugget-nut-spice mix before adding the liquid). Let simmer for a couple of minutes and add some parsley. Serve with spaghetti.

Very nice, I'd have this without spaghetti though

This looks pretty. Lots of lovely spices in there.

When I saw the title I thought you meant Chicken Nuggets as are sold in the UK (and the USA, I believe) - frozen bits of chicken coated in breadcrumbs. But somehow I don't think you mean that...

View attachment 47393

I initially wondered about that, too.

And, breaded and deep fried chicken nuggets are the number-one requested food of children in the US. Kids love them.

CD

Back
Top Bottom