Chicken thigh recipe

foolsgold

Veteran
Local time
2:07 PM
I had a sad lunch today consisting of fried chicken thigh. It was really dry and tasted bland. I honestly think it's a waste of a really good chicken part. Does anyone else know what to do with a chicken thigh except the usual fried chicken?

I marinated it with some lemon and soy sauce but it's too basic for my palette.

Also note that I don't have a lot of time in the morning to cook so maybe something I can make ahead but still taste good the next day.

Thank you heaps!

Chicken thighs can also be baked or done in a stew. This is the way I normally cook my chicken thighs. I do not fry my chicken. For baking, after marinating the thighs, I would then wash them off and season them. I would then put them in a baking dish with a little water. Dabs of butter can be added to the top of the thighs, but this is optional. They are then baked at a moderate heat, less than would be used for a whole chicken, and they take less time to bake as well.

I love chicken thighs, but my favorite way to cook them is over fire on the barbecue. They just seem to taste best that way, although they're also yummy fried up by a restaurant, but not me. As @Caribbean girl mentioned, they're also really tasty when cooked in a stew or baked in the oven. I think it takes a real professional to be able to fry them and have them come out good.

I bone them out and stuff them with sausage meat and braise them slowly in a tomato sauce
How do you keep the thigh together (encasing the filling) whist its braised? I've done stuffed thighs but wrap them in parma ham or similar to keep them intact. Or do you bone the thigh with skin intact - not sure that is even possible?!

How do you keep the thigh together (encasing the filling) whist its braised? I've done stuffed thighs but wrap them in parma ham or similar to keep them intact. Or do you bone the thigh with skin intact - not sure that is even possible?!
Tunnel bone them out , seal the ends with cocktail sticks or old school trussing needle

Tunnel bone them out , seal the ends with cocktail sticks or old school trussing needle
OK. I must refine my tunnel boning techniques! I confess its not something I've done often. There was a wonderful recipe I used to make which required boning a whole leg of lamb whilst leaving the skin intact. I managed to do this on a number of occasions, with much difficulty! Then I realised you could ask your butcher to do it for you...

I'm not sure if the butcher on Tesco's or Waitrose's fresh meat counter would be prepared to tunnel bone chicken thighs. I might ask! But perhaps I should have a go myself.

I bone them out and stuff them with sausage meat and braise them slowly in a tomato sauce
I've never tried boning out a thigh chicken part so I'll have to look into this. Great suggestion, thanks!

google recipes for chicken thighs, I am sure you will find hundreds of them. One thing I saw on Pinterest was brown sugar and garlic chicken thighs. I made that once I found it to be delicious. Chicken is such a versatile ingredient. There are many different things that you need.

Our usual marinade for chicken thigh is soy sauce and lemon drops - actually a teaspoon of lemon and a tablespoon of soy sauce for every 2 thighs. But if that tastes bland to you, this is a radical marinade that only a few know. Use fish sauce to marinade the chicken thighs about 30 minutes of soaking in fish sauce - but you have to drain the thighs 5 minutes before frying. It has an exotic taste and the smell is aromatic. No one would suspect that you had used fish sauce on it because the taste is purely chicken.

I find thighs moister and more flavoursome than breasts. Brown the chicken thighs skin side down in olive oil with minced garlic. I then remove the thighs from the pan and soften shallots and lardons in the fat, then mushrooms. I add the thighs back in ,with white wine and stock plus seasoning and mixed herbs and cooks for 45 minutes to an hour. A little cream stirred in towards the end is nice.

I love cooking with boneless skinless chicken thighs. I have a couple of go to recipes that I use when company is coming. My first is a cilantro pesto made with garlic, cilantro, onions, salt, pepper and olive oil. I marinade the chicken thighs in this and then bake. The chicken is moist and flavourful. It's great served over a bed of quinoa. My second go to chicken thigh recipe is from Greta and Janet Podleski. They have fantastic recipes. It's a fake chicken wing recipe. You use thighs so it's healthier. The thighs are marinaded in honey, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, lemon, ginger, sesame, curry powder, coriander, cayenne pepper. The thighs are cut in half so they look like chicken wings and served with a light blue cheese dip. Here's the link for the recipe. http://www.food.com/recipe/lord-of-the-wings-chicken-wings-226906

Chicken thighs are great!! They are so versatile and quick to prepare. I usually bake my chicken thighs marinated in little red wine, garlic, salt onion powder and paprika. I then cover for 20 min with foil paper and bake. Remove foil and continue baking until ready. I usually will baste the chicken with the marinate as it bakes and serve with either baked potatoes or rice.

I like chicken when it is deep fried or roasted. Fried or roasted chicken thigh can go along with many appetizers. However, I like this dish with fried rice. I can make as many as 6 dishes with chicken thigh.

Back
Top Bottom