Recipe Chicken Vesuvio

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:55 PM
A fairly simple and quick week night meal. I cut the amount of chicken in half since there is just the 2 of us, but usually make the full amount of sauce as Craig does like his sauces. If you don't want to use all wine, you could substitute chicken broth as part of the liquid.

I don't have a picture because it ended up sitting for a while after it was done and the peas turned grey-green so it wouldn't have been a pretty picture. So, that's a tip. If it's going to sit, hold off on finishing the sauce so your peas stay nice and bright green.

Ingredients
1 Whole Cut Up Chicken or 3 pounds of thighs
10 whole garlic cloves
2 cups White Wine
16 Potato Wedges
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, cut into 2-3 pieces
1 cup Sweet Peas, defrosted if frozen
Oil for Frying

Directions
Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.

Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet or dutch oven over medium heat with the oil.

Liberally season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in the skillet skin side down to sear. Allow the chicken to cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown without disturbing it. Remove the chicken.

Place the potato wedges in the pan and saute for about 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned on each side, turning as needed. Add in the garlic cloves and let caramelize for a few minutes. Remove the potatoes.

Pour in the white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom to make sure all the bits loosen. If you are using DRIED oregano, place it in the pan now.

Add the chicken (skin side up) and then lay the potato wedges in the pan and place the whole pan in a 400 degree oven uncovered. Cook for about 20 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees

Remove pan from the oven and place back on the stovetop burner, then remove the chicken and potatoes and place them on your serving dish. Make sure you cover the HOT pan handle with something so you don't burn yourself. Bring the skillet back to a simmer, add the butter, FRESH oregano if using, and peas and cook, stirring constantly, until the butter has completely melted and a silky smooth sauce has formed. Taste and add salt and/or pepper if needed.

Pour the sauce over the chicken and potatoes, then serve.

Last edited:
A fairly simple and quick week night meal. I cut the amount of chicken in half since there is just the 2 of us, but usually make the full amount of sauce as Craig does like his sauces. If you don't want to use all wine, you could substitute chicken broth as part or the liquid.

I don't have a picture because it ended up sitting for a while after it was done and the peas turned grey-green so it wouldn't have been a pretty picture. So, that's a tip. If it's going to sit, hold off on finishing the sauce so your peas stay nice and bright green.

Ingredients
10 whole garlic cloves
2 cups White Wine
16 Potato Wedges
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
Oil for Frying

Directions

Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet or dutch oven over medium heat with the oil.

Liberally season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in the skillet skin side down to sear. Allow the chicken to cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown without disturbing it. Remove the chicken.

Place the potato wedges in the pan and saute for about 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned on each side, turning as needed. Add in the garlic cloves and let caramelize for a few minutes. Remove the potatoes.

Pour in the white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom to make sure all the bits loosen. If you are using DRIED oregano, place it in the pan now.

Add the chicken (skin side up) and then lay the potato wedges in the pan and place the whole pan in a 400 degree oven uncovered. Cook for about 20 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees

Remove pan from the oven and place back on the stovetop burner, then remove the chicken and potatoes and place them on your serving dish. Make sure you cover the HOT pan handle with something so you don't burn yourself. Bring the skillet back to a simmer, add the butter, FRESH oregano if using, and peas and cook, stirring constantly, until the butter has completely melted and a silky smooth sauce has formed. Taste and add salt and/or pepper if needed.

I didn’t know this recipe, anyway it sounds delicious. I’ll check a pic on google just to take a look how it looks like

A fairly simple and quick week night meal. I cut the amount of chicken in half since there is just the 2 of us, but usually make the full amount of sauce as Craig does like his sauces. If you don't want to use all wine, you could substitute chicken broth as part of the liquid.

Ingredients
10 whole garlic cloves
2 cups White Wine
16 Potato Wedges
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
Oil for Frying

Directions

Yum, sounds nice.

Russ

Can't believe it's been so long since I made this.

Back
Top Bottom