Recipe Chili Chocolate bark

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
6:38 PM
You could be daring and add chopped red chillies! Seriously - there are recipes out there for chocolate bark with chilli. A twist of nutmeg would set off the flavour.
Chili Chocolate Bark Recipe

Ingredients
12 ounces dark chocolate (at least 45% cacao)
1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Aleppo pepper
1 tablespoon chili pepper
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon Cinnamon

Serves / Yields
24 pieces

Instructions
Line an 11"x7"x2" bake pan with wax paper. Mix all ingredients in a double-boiler until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate into prepared bake pan. Spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle with crushed red peppers as desired. Chill at least two hours or until set. Slice or break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to two weeks, maybe longer; I haven't been able to leave it alone longer than that :wink:

Helpful Hints
Please note: The cinnamon can only be hinted at, but it is necessary to provide a middle note with the different chiles, otherwise it is a bit bitter.

Standard crushed red pepper flakes are fine in this recipe, but if you can get the slightly milder, fruitier Aleppo pepper flakes they are delicious with chocolate. For a milder chocolate, use ground ancho pepper instead of cayenne pepper.

http://www.thespicehouse.com/recipes/chili-chocolate-bark

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like good. I have had the chili chocolate before and I love the taste of it. It was so nice with the sweet and hot combined. When I first heard about it I was very hesitate about trying it but now that I've had it I actually crave it now. I am make some of this and see what it is like. Thanks for sharing! :)

Back
Top Bottom