Recipe & Video Chilli Garlic Shrimps Tagliatelle

Hungry Man

Local time
10:13 AM
Website
www.youtube.com
This recipe is for those who love a bit of heat (in my case not a bit) and I used cayenne peppers and very hot chilli flakes in this recipe. You may want to replace them according to your taste. Enjoy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ze6V2jYGac&t=193s

Ingredients (2 persons):
- 250 g tagliatelle (fresh pasta is preferred)
- 250 g large size shrimps or prawns (cleaned and pre-cooked)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 cayenne peppers (fresh & chopped)
- extra virgin olive oil (3 Tbsp)
- chilli flakes (1 Tsp)

Method:
- First, chop half of the tomatoes into smaller pieces (this will serve as the tomato sauce in the pasta). Keep & separate the other half
- Heat the pan, add extra virgin olive and then the chopped garlics
- Let them very slighlty brown and then add the chopped cayenne peppers
- Once the peppers are sauteed, add the shrimps and stir fry them until both sides are slighlty seared.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook them for another 3-4 minutes
- Once the chopped tomatoes are nicely sauteed and blended into a sauce, add the rest of the cherry tomatoes.
- In a deep pot, bring water to boil, add some salt and cook the fresh tagliatelle for max. 4-5 minutes
- Add the tagliatelle to the sauce and mix it with the sauce allowing the pasta to be cooked further with the sauce for a few seconds

Serve with parmesan and basil. Enjoy.

A pretty dish. :okay: In the UK you can buy tins of cherry tomatoes which would be a good substitute for fresh (they are in a natural sauce) just like tinned plum tomatoes. Co-incidentally, I'm on the brink of making a pasta dish using them, today or tomorrow.

large size shrimps or prawns

Are you making a distinction? Prawns in UK are called shrimps in USA. Shrimps in UK are a slightly different species and very small.

A pretty dish. :okay: In the UK you can buy tins of cherry tomatoes which would be a good substitute for fresh (they are in a natural sauce) just like tinned plum tomatoes. Co-incidentally, I'm on the brink of making a pasta dish using them, today or tomorrow.

Are you making a distinction? Prawns in UK are called shrimps in USA. Shrimps in UK are a slightly different species and very small.
Scientifically they are different species, but I usually call bigger ones prawns and medium-small ones shrimps.

Shrimps have claws only on two pairs of legs. While prawns have claws on three pairs of their legs. Shrimp’s legs are shorter than prawn’s legs. Prawns belong to the Dendrobranchiata and shrimps belong to the Pleocyemata suborder of the Crustacean family. Prawns have usually a stronger and more aromatic flavor and smell than shrimps. Shrimps in my opinion are more buttery.

Back
Top Bottom