Chilli question?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:54 AM
My wife picks chillies when she gets home at night, we have two greenhouses and numerous outside ones, she normally cuts the top green stem off and freezes the rest of the chilli. So she did exactly what she does every night while I made nachos which I served up. So she started eating nachos then questioned the Doritos as her lips were burning up. She checked the chips, the beans and found no heat in them, but she stopped eating and started drinking milk, my nachos were perfect so I knew it wasn't them, I then questioned her about handling chillies, seems she had touched her lips that set it off. It was an extremely hot bunch of chillies she had picked. Then after things settled down she ate dinner then about an hour later she started complaining about her finger tips were burning, she washed her hands about 10 times. They settled down about 10 o'clock last night. She will be using gloves from now on. Lesson learnt. It's funny as we've been growing and picking for 8? Years.
So beware!!!

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
This is quite common when handling peppers especially right from the garden. I'm glad you all figured it out and she's okay.

I just found the seeds she was taking from the chillies to grow again this coming season.

Russ

Try Dave's Insanity. Craig and his brother were doing taste testing by putting drops on crackers from craig's large collection at the time. Their faces literally turned bright red, sweat started pouring off them and they couldn't talk for a few minutes. I thought I was going to have to take them to the ER before they finally started getting back to.normal. No, I wasn't dumb enough to participate.

Try Dave's Insanity. Craig and his brother were doing taste testing by putting drops on crackers from craig's large collection at the time. Their faces literally turned bright red, sweat started pouring off them and they couldn't talk for a few minutes. I thought I was going to have to take them to the ER before they finally started getting back to.normal. No, I wasn't dumb enough to participate.
My son does that here to test himself, I don't see the point myself.

Russ

My son does that here to test himself, I don't see the point myself.

Russ

Does anyone else here watch "Hot Ones" on YouTube? The host, Sean Evans, interviews celebrities while they eat ten chicken wings with progressively hotter sauces, culminating with a Pepper X sauce.

Language Warning -- some reactions are "colorful."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDEVOCTW4qk

CD

With you . I would never...

That made me LOL. Have either of you ever tried Devil's Breath? I like spicy hot but I almost died with just a droplet of this stuff. It's crazy hot. Don't know if you can get it there though.

Devil's Breath Hot Sauce

They do have a range of different sauces. The serrano sauce is very good: hot, but manageable. Once I get past that, I don't see the point: I want to be able to taste the food.

Back
Top Bottom