Chinese new year

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
10:52 AM
Would you believe that we now celebrate Chinese new year here in the Philippines? It started just a few years back but it's now catching fire.

For that occasion, it would usually have the traditional Chinese noodles like Pancit Canton or Pancit Bihon, the most popular. Pata Tim, a dish with pork leg as the main ingredient is the star of the banquet if there is no Peking Duck. and for dessert, there would be the Chinese gelatin which is sometimes called almond gelatin.

We have always celebrated Chinese New Year here in Canada. We have a huge Asian population in our city.
It is my favorite time because I love Chinese Cuisine. During that time all the Restaurants have on amazing
specials to celebrate the occasion. I don't usually cook for Chinese New Year, we usually eat out and enjoy
the different plates.

Funny, I'm Chinese and growing up we always had noodles for longevity, oranges for luck and wealth, and my parents handed out lycee (lucky money) to us kids. Sometimes we had Jai which is a vegetarian dish. love all the delicious foods that are made a Chinese New Year.

Funny, I'm Chinese and growing up we always had noodles for longevity, oranges for luck and wealth, and my parents handed out lycee (lucky money) to us kids. Sometimes we had Jai which is a vegetarian dish. love all the delicious foods that are made a Chinese New Year.

The Chinese have a lot of tradition and mostly superstitions handed down to us here in the Philippines. Our Christmas and New Year celebration are tainted by Chinese tradition like the giving of money in an envelope. By the way, our friends in Hongkong would always tell us about the Chinese New Year there because their boss never failed to give them Ang Pao - the small red envelope that presumably contains money - the usual gift of the Chinese.

Noodles is the symbol of long life and a New Year celebration is not complete without several kinds of noodles.

Back
Top Bottom