Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
12:47 PM
Choco dookie cookies
choc_7.jpg

Preparation & baking time 10 min | 8 cookie rolls

Ingredients
50 ml/25 g/0.2 cups/0.9 oz dark cocoa powder (+1 teaspoon for garnish)
50 g/1.8 oz/160 ml/0.7 cups almond flakes
50 ml/0.2 cups macadamia nut oil or canola oil
a tiny pinch of salt
60 ml/51 g/0.25 cups/1.8 oz caster sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 teaspoons plain flour/APF
2 tablespoons skimmed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1.5 teaspoons vanilla sugar)
Zest of 1 orange to sprinkle on top

Instructions

1. Set the oven to 175°C/350°F/gas mark 4 (no fan) and line a baking tray with parchment/baking paper.

2. Mix all ingredients (except the orange zest) in a bowl.
3. Place eight spoonfuls of cookie dough evenly on the baking tray and pat lightly.
4. Bake in the middle part of the oven for 7-8 minutes.
5. Grate the orange zest and sprinkle it on top of the hot cookies.
6. Let the cookies cool a bit and drape them on top of a bottle (let the cookies cool and curve) or roll them carefully into "dookies".
7. Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top and serve with e.g. strawberries and vanilla sauce.

choc_a.jpg

While I am sure that they taste fantastic...dookie cookies? LOLOLOLOL

Well, the ingredients sound great. Chocolate and orange are a great combination.

And, I actually looked up what the slang on the other side of the pond means: they’re “dunkers”, something suited for dunking, like in coffee or milk.

So, we all learned something today. 🙂

And, I actually looked up what the slang on the other side of the pond means: they’re “dunkers”, something suited for dunking, like in coffee or milk.

Never heard that said other than Dairylea Dunkers which are a rather unpleasant snack product. We do use dunking as a verb, as in dunking biscuits (cookies) in tea or coffee. I suppose we might say 'are those biscuits good dunkers?' but I can't say I've heard anyone say it. Maybe its regional.

Back
Top Bottom