Chocolate bark ingredients

foolsgold

Veteran
Local time
12:23 AM
Hi guys. I am planning to give away chocolate bark as christmas gifts/stocking fillers this holiday season. I am adding pretzels, nuts, some candy, but would like some more ideas.

What are other good ingredients to add to my chocolate bark and what is also the best way to wrap them?

Thanks!

For Christmas bark I have seen broken up pieces of candy canes it in and it was really quite tasty. You can get awesome little Christmas tins that you can put them in as a gift. Then just put a nice bow on top! :)

I agree with the candy canes that @L_B suggested - I love the mix of peppermint and chocolate together, it's so festive!

Last year when I made bark I also found seasonal M&M's that were red and green. I mixed those in with other ingredients (nuts, pretzels and so forth) but I just loved the red and green because again it gave it that festive touch.

I agree with the candy canes that @L_B suggested - I love the mix of peppermint and chocolate together, it's so festive!

Last year when I made bark I also found seasonal M&M's that were red and green. I mixed those in with other ingredients (nuts, pretzels and so forth) but I just loved the red and green because again it gave it that festive touch.

I cannot, for the life of me, find the holiday M&M's anywhere!! Maybe they are not in stock yet. Any ideas where I can get them online maybe?

I cannot, for the life of me, find the holiday M&M's anywhere!! Maybe they are not in stock yet. Any ideas where I can get them online maybe?

I just checked on Amazon.com but they are WAY more expensive on there (I just searched for Christmas M&M's) they are obviously way, way marked up - someone is making a massive profit off them!

Hi guys. I am planning to give away chocolate bark as christmas gifts/stocking fillers this holiday season. I am adding pretzels, nuts, some candy, but would like some more ideas.

What are other good ingredients to add to my chocolate bark and what is also the best way to wrap them?

Thanks!

Ohh peppermint for sure. I made some white chocolate bark with peppermint and I think it was appreciated by all. I know I liked it. It is very easy to add crushed candy canes to top the bark. These are some of the good things to put on your bark. I enjoy them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest using candied fruits. They are a colorful and flavorful addition to chocolate. I especially enjoy orange and cranberry but you can use any candied fruit. I have given bark as gifts before and have found that using a mason jar and small snack sizes bags to keep the flavors separate works well. You could even and twine or a ribbon to the jar to make each one unique.

You could be daring and add chopped red chillies! Seriously - there are recipes out there for chocolate bark with chilli. A twist of nutmeg would set off the flavour.

You could be daring and add chopped red chillies! Seriously - there are recipes out there for chocolate bark with chilli. A twist of nutmeg would set off the flavour.
Chili Chocolate Bark Recipe

Ingredients
12 ounces dark chocolate (at least 45% cacao)
1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Aleppo pepper
1 tablespoon chili pepper
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
Serves / Yields
24 pieces

Instructions
Line an 11"x7"x2" bake pan with wax paper. Mix all ingredients in a double-boiler until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate into prepared bake pan. Spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle with crushed red peppers as desired. Chill at least two hours or until set. Slice or break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to two weeks, maybe longer; I haven't been able to leave it alone longer than that :wink:

Helpful Hints
Please note: The cinnamon can only be hinted at, but it is necessary to provide a middle note with the different chiles, otherwise it is a bit bitter.

Standard crushed red pepper flakes are fine in this recipe, but if you can get the slightly milder, fruitier Aleppo pepper flakes they are delicious with chocolate. For a milder chocolate, use ground ancho pepper instead of cayenne pepper.

http://www.thespicehouse.com/recipes/chili-chocolate-bark

Oh

Ohh peppermint for sure. I made some white chocolate bark with peppermint and I think it was appreciated by all. I know I liked it. It is very easy to add crushed candy canes to top the bark. These are some of the good things to put on your bark. I enjoy them.

Am I the only one who doesn't like peppermint? I like the chili recipe though. Thanks for sharing! I am loving all your suggestions and cannot wait to try.

Chili Chocolate Bark Recipe

Ingredients
12 ounces dark chocolate (at least 45% cacao)
1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Aleppo pepper
1 tablespoon chili pepper
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
Serves / Yields
24 pieces

Instructions
Line an 11"x7"x2" bake pan with wax paper. Mix all ingredients in a double-boiler until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate into prepared bake pan. Spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle with crushed red peppers as desired. Chill at least two hours or until set. Slice or break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to two weeks, maybe longer; I haven't been able to leave it alone longer than that :wink:

Helpful Hints
Please note: The cinnamon can only be hinted at, but it is necessary to provide a middle note with the different chiles, otherwise it is a bit bitter.

Standard crushed red pepper flakes are fine in this recipe, but if you can get the slightly milder, fruitier Aleppo pepper flakes they are delicious with chocolate. For a milder chocolate, use ground ancho pepper instead of cayenne pepper.

http://www.thespicehouse.com/recipes/chili-chocolate-bark
This is a good recipe. However, all the additions are dried spices. I had in mind ruby red jewel like studs of fresh red chilli mingled in the dark chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom