Recipe Chocolate Cheesecake

Cinisajoy

Veteran
Local time
8:26 PM
This is my go to chocolate cheesecake recipe. Note, it is not a cake but more an American style sweet pie.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chocolate-cheesecake
Ingredients:
Ingredients
  • 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • FILLING:
  • 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method:
  1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate just until blended. Pour filling over crust.
  3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
  4. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.

What are chocolate wafer crumbs? Sorry, but this isn't familiar to me. The rest of the recipe is fine! I can get all the ingredients. I'm not a great pastry chef (dessert maker) but I know that my family will like this. I intend to make it next week.

1. Do you have a thin chocolate biscuit? or something like an Oreo cookie?
  2. Either will work.

Last edited:
  1. Do you have a thin chocolate biscuit? or something like an Oreo cookie?
  2. Either will work.
I can get Oreos. Most chocolate biscuits here are quite thick... well they are digestive biscuits with chocolate coating. But I think they might work as plain digestives are often used for cheesecake here. They are like this:

images-34.jpeg

This is my go to chocolate cheesecake recipe. Note, it is not a cake but more an American style sweet pie.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chocolate-cheesecake
Ingredients:
Ingredients
  • 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • FILLING:
  • 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method:
  1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate just until blended. Pour filling over crust.
  3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
  4. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.

Sounds GOOD!!

Do you have a pic of it? :wink::hungry:

Actually if you throw them in the food processor like that, you don't need the butter and sugar for the crust.

All ingredients are due to be delivered tomorrow (including the springform tin!). I didn't have the latter. I will attempt to make this either tomorrow or Tuesday and report back.

It will be down to my grown up kids to taste test it as I just don't like desserts or chocolate (nor does my partner). I'll try to photograph it.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate just until blended. Pour filling over crust.

I don't have a food processor but I'm assuming I can do this by hand with a whisk?

I don't have a food processor but I'm assuming I can do this by hand with a whisk?
What do you have to crumb the cookies?
You need to make them into a crumb crust. It is the filling on your Oreos that hold the crumbs together.
If I had to mix the filling by hand, I would use a wooden spoon not a whisk. It will be thick.

Back
Top Bottom