Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Pie

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
12:55 AM
I made chocolate covered pumpkin pie slices for Thanksgiving and they were a big hit at our celebration so I thought I would share them. I made a pumpkin pie and then dipped the slices in chocolate and frosted them.

Attachments

• 20151125_134553.jpg
    20151125_134553.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 275
I am not a pumpkin pie lover. To me their is just something about the texture of it that I can eat it without gagging. I have tried it on a number of occasions but I have never found one I liked. This sounds very good. Everything is better with chocolate.

I am not a pumpkin pie lover. To me their is just something about the texture of it that I can eat it without gagging. I have tried it on a number of occasions but I have never found one I liked. This sounds very good. Everything is better with chocolate.
I agree really (we often agree about stuff like this @L_B). Is that dark green shells of icing/cream piped around the base of each slice @Rosyrain or have I got that wrong? Most unusual!

I made chocolate covered pumpkin pie slices for Thanksgiving and they were a big hit at our celebration so I thought I would share them. I made a pumpkin pie and then dipped the slices in chocolate and frosted them.
They look great. Do you have a recipe? I have a tin of pumpkin puree which needs using and I'm at a loss. I could add it to the aubergine chocolate cake that I'm done for my husband's family on Christmas day and take it to my family on St. Stephen's Day (Boxing Day, but I prefer the Irish celebration).

They look great. Do you have a recipe? I have a tin of pumpkin puree which needs using and I'm at a loss. I could add it to the aubergine chocolate cake that I'm done for my husband's family on Christmas day and take it to my family on St. Stephen's Day (Boxing Day, but I prefer the Irish celebration).

This pie is easy to make. You just make a regular pumpkin pie according to the can directions and bake it in the oven. Once the pie has cooled, carefully cut the slices and insert the lollypop sticks through the crust (I started the holes in each with a steak knife) then stick the slices on a cookie sheet and place it in the freezer until the slices are frozen. Melt some milk chocolate until it is thin and runny and dip each of the frozen slices in the chocolate...and then back into the freezer the slices go. about an hour before serving, pull them out of the freezer and decorate them.

That looks really good, but for me I have all I can do to put a regular Thanksgiving dinner out...without making something extra like chocolate pumpkin pie. It looks really good though,,,and I bet your family enjoyed it. Maybe after the holiday to take to a gathering..I could try it, although to be honest...I can turn anything into a disaster...I am good at that!

Back
Top Bottom