3/4 cup whole milk
1 cup Guinness beer
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chocolate syrup, for serving
Chopped pistachios, for serving

Equipment: Waffle iron

Directions:

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.

Melt the butter in a medium saucepan set over low heat. Once the butter has melted, stir in the milk and beer and cook just until the mixture is warm.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract then slowly pour the warm beer mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly until fully combined.

Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then slowly pour the beer-egg mixture into the well, whisking until all dry ingredients have been incorporated and only a few lumps remain.

Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions and lightly grease it with cooking spray. Pour a portion of the batter into the heated waffle iron and cook to desired doneness.? Serve the waffles topped with chocolate sauce and chopped pistachios.

http://www.justataste.com/chocolate-guinness-waffles-recipe/

I had this similar recipe pinned to one of my pinterest boards online...it looks divine!

Chocolate Guinness Bacon Waffles

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup Guinness Draught
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup candied bacon, chopped

Directions:
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar.

In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, milk, and beer. In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the beer mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly until fully combined.

Slowly pour the beer-egg mixture into the flour mixture, whisking until all dry ingredients have been incorporated. There will be a few lumps. Gently stir in the chopped candied bacon.

Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions and lightly, and evenly, grease it with cooking spray. Pour a portion of the batter into the heated waffle iron and cook to desired doneness. Top the waffles with your favorite waffle toppings. Here are a few suggestions:

Guinness Chocolate Sauce

6 oz. Guinness Draught
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Whisk ingredients together, bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 20 minutes.

Chocolate Guinness Whipped Cream

1 cups heavy cream
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2-3 Tbsp. Guinness Draught

Put your mixing bowl and whisk or beaters in the refrigerator. Make sure your cream and beer is cold, don’t let them sit out too long.

Pour the cream into the mixing bowl and whisk/beat until slightly thick. Add the sugar, cocoa powder, and Guinness. Whisk/beat until soft peaks form. Serve immediately.

chocolate-bacon-guinness-waffles-recipe.jpg

So I thought my husband bought me two Guinness like I had requested. It turns out he bought a six pack. The thing is I'm down to three and I have not tried a single Guinness recipe yet. Someone has been stealing my Guinness. Anyway, as good as these look, I don't think these are going to be on my "to do Guinness list'.

So I thought my husband bought me two Guinness like I had requested. It turns out he bought a six pack. The thing is I'm down to three and I have not tried a single Guinness recipe yet. Someone has been stealing my Guinness. Anyway, as good as these look, I don't think these are going to be on my "to do Guinness list'.
You been messing with the ingredients?

Back
Top Bottom