Recipe Chocolate Muffins with a Strawberry Heart

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:31 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Muffin with strawberry heart.jpg

Muffins are always a good idea, be it for a sweet breakfast or as snack during afternoon teatime. Whit this recipe and a knob of vanilla ice cream, I've found out that they work well for a delicious dessert as well

Makes 6 muffins | Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins

• Cane sugar: 110 g
  • White flour: 100 g
  • Whole milk: 80 g
  • Cocoa powder, unsweetened: 30 g
  • Seeds oil: 30 ml
  • Baking powder: 15 g
  • Strawberries: 6
  • Eggs: 1
  • Butter, unsalted: 2 tbsp
  • Cinnamon powder: a pinch
  • Powdered sugar (for garnishing): to taste
Method

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Rinse the strawberries under cold water and gently dry them up. Cut away the green leaves.

Mix the cane sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl. Beat up the eggs with the milk and the seeds oil, then combine all ingredients together with the flour mixture, until you achieve a smooth and thick dough.

Butter and flour the muffin cups and place a strawberry in each of them.

Choco-muffins-with-strawberry-heart.jpg

Pour the dough over the strawberry filling up the muffin cups.

Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.

Once the muffin are cooked through, let them cool down at room temperature before garnishing them with the powdered sugar.

I saw something similar a while back. I was doing it the hard way. I cut a hole in the top of a chocolate cupcake, put a strawberry inside, and covered it with chocolate frosting. Messy. Lol

I saw something similar a while back. I was doing it the hard way. I cut a hole in the top of a chocolate cupcake, put a strawberry inside, and covered it with chocolate frosting. Messy. Lol

Did you squeeze in a strawberry? Oh yes, a little messed up as a method .. this is a bit simpler.
Usually I enjoy making muffins or even cakes with fruit inside or with a chocolate heart..I'll post another recipe about muffins with a "heart"

Yes, but the chocolate frosting covered up any mistakes LOL. They would be perfect for Valentine's Day.

Back
Top Bottom