Choosing between cooking and eating out

I am so picky and I have such a strict diet that it's really hard for me to eat at restaurants. I am gluten free and I don't eat sugar or rice. That excludes a fair amount of things and I find that all that is left on the menu is meat and veg. Fair enough but I can easily make that at home! Every time I go to a restaurant I end up disappointed because I think our home cooking is much better.

Definitely. I love cooking and often homemade food tastes way better anyway, but my boyfriend and I love to eat out. We really enjoy it and "allow" ourselves to two eating out meals per week.

Sometimes it's nice to go out and eat and not have to worry about cleaning up and also to try new foods. I only go out to eat if there is a special occasion or there is a special offer on, either a voucher or a special fixed price menu. I used to eat out all the time, but these days I prefer to save going out for something special or as a means of meeting up with friends who have different tastes in food.

When I get stuck with so many things from work, I come home late but I don't wanna eat out at the same time because I will be tired by then. So what I do is pick up some food on my way home and we eat together with my family at our house. It cuts the time and at the comfort of our home, perfect.

Most of my meals are home-cooked since i find it to be healthier and it cost far less when i prepare my meals at home...even though i like cooking there are times when i'm just not in the mood to do any cooking however my partner usually steps in and do the cooking when i'm in that frame of mind. It has been a custom in our family for us to eat out on Friday nights or purchase some fast foods.

Last might we spent way too much money eating out for the mere fact that I did not feel like cooking dinner. I feel a little guilty about it today because I should have just sucks it up and made dinner at home. My husband has been sick though and I am just tired because of getting ready for Christmas. I guess I am going to just consider it a treat though and stop slapping myself in the face about it.

Back
Top Bottom