Recipe Chorizo Appetizer

CraigC

Guru
Local time
11:18 AM
There really isn't a specific recipe. I just wing it.

Ingredients
1 lb Spanish chorizo, casing removed and finely chopped or 1 lb fresh Mexican chorizo
Muenster cheese either grated or slices
Flour tortillas

Directions
Preheat oven to 425F
1) In a skillet over med-high heat, brown the chorizo. If using the fresh Mexican, break it up as it cooks. Remove and drain on paper towels.
2) Once drained, spread the chorizo out in a baking dish, single layer. If the skillet is oven proof, you can use it. Just wipe it out.
3) Spread the cheese over the chorizo and place the dish in the oven to melt the cheese.
4) Warm up tortillas. I do this in the microwave by wrapping the tortillas in damp paper towels.
5) When cheese is melted with a little browning on top, remove from oven and serve.
Use torn off pieces of tortilla to pinch out the chorizo and cheese. Be careful as the dish is still very hot.

You can adapt the recipe as you wish. Sauteed sliced onion and chilis would work nicely. You can use a Mexican melting cheese (Oaxaca or cotija) instead of the muenster. You could also heat the tortillas up in a non-stick skillet with just a light coating of oil.

Ingredients
1 lb Spanish chorizo, casing removed and finely chopped or 1 lb fresh Mexican chorizo
Flour tortillas

Directions
Preheat oven to 425F
1) In a skillet over med-high heat, brown the chorizo. If using the fresh Mexican, break it up as it cooks. Remove and drain on paper towels.
2) Once drained, spread the chorizo out in a baking dish, single layer. If the skillet is oven proof, you can use it. Just wipe it out.
3) Spread the cheese over the chorizo and place the dish in the oven to melt the cheese.
4) Warm up tortillas. I do this in the microwave by wrapping the tortillas in damp paper towels.
5) When cheese is melted with a little browning on top, remove from oven and serve.
Use torn off pieces of tortilla to pinch out the chorizo and cheese. Be careful as the dish is still very hot.

You can adapt the recipe as you wish. Sauteed sliced onion and chilis would work nicely. You can use a Mexican melting cheese (Oaxaca or cotija) instead of the muenster. You could also heat the tortillas up in a non-stick skillet with just a light coating of oil.
Yep, this is how I do it, though I usually serve both corn tortilla chips with only a few soft flour tortillas. It's awesome!

Ingredients
Flour tortillas

Directions
Preheat oven to 425F

Sounds like a summer snack for a group. Perfect!

Russ

Back
Top Bottom