Christmas 2019 - Misc

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
5:43 PM
Just a thread in which to post your Christmas 2019 potpourri of thoughts and items. I'll start:

I'm simmering water, apple cider, cranberries, oranges, cinnamon, cloves, and rosemary, making the house smell like Christmas!

Alpine Jupiter scent - lit it at 6am today

I'm texting my niece right now. She sent me a pic of her newborn, and I noticed their tree is up and lit, but not decorated.

I commented that I loved that her tree is up, and she said, "It's only 45 days until Christmas, of course it's up! We got a late start this year because of being pregnant. Otherwise, it goes up November 1st!"

Then what she added put a little mist in my eyes. She said..."You taught me that!"

Good kid. :)

I did get a little bit of a Christmassy feeling walking around York at the weekend - not all the Christmas decorations were up yet, but its such a pretty city and the cold weather just made it feel festive. But really its far too early for us to be thinking about Christmas - our tree and decorations go up on 1st December - its a Sunday this year so we'll drive around to the garden centre and pick our tree as soon as it opens and then spend the day getting the house all festive.

Thanks, morning glory & Backbay!

MG - that's another thing we miss about being over there - Christmas trees that are a little more...open, I suppose. American trees are generally trimmed and shaped during growing to be very thick and full, like a shrub. Looks great, but hell with ornaments.

The last few years, though, we've seen more trees here (live and artificial) advertised as "European style," with lots of room between the branches.

Favorite holiday / Christmas pie - peppermint ice cream pie with chocolate cookie crust.

a Christmassy feeling walking around York at the weekend - not all the Christmas decorations were up yet, but its such a pretty city and the cold weather just made it feel festive.

York is a lovely city indeed. Are you on holiday?

The last few years, though, we've seen more trees here (live and artificial) advertised as "European style," with lots of room between the branches.

Believe me - when I say 'twiggy' I mean twiggy. No leaves at all - just a white twiggy tree. You will see in due course...

York is a lovely city indeed. Are you on holiday?
Just visiting relatives for the weekend - we were very lucky with the weather because the torrential rain had stopped and we weren't affected by the floods (though the river through York was less than an inch from overflowing!) so we were able to have a nice wander around the city.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom