Christmas 2022

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
9:20 PM
Since I’ve made my first official Christmas purchase of the year, I feel it’s a-okay to kick off this season’s thread:

Let the festivities begin! 🎄 🎁 ☃️

You do realize that Halloween is three weeks from today...

CD
Hey, if they didn’t want us talking about Christmas, the stores wouldn’t be full of Christmas stuff, right? Right!

Besides, Halloween is already a distant memory, seeing as I’ve eaten all the Halloween candy I bought back in August, when they first put that out.

I saw that Costco has a Wine Advent Calendar, $100, too rich for my blood thanks.
I keep my gifts to under $20usd or better yet, homemade for next to nothing.
That twenty buck limit will be difficult with my younger Sister's gift ... I always send her one of my Rum or Kahlua Cakes in the mail, ever since she was in College.
WELL!
It costs me about $4 to make the cake now with the outrageous price of Eggs and then a USPS medium sized Priority Flat Rate box has gone up to $17.05 :facepalm:WTH!!!
I'm over budget :mad:

I saw that Costco has a Wine Advent Calendar, $100, too rich for my blood thanks.
It wasn’t that long ago that ALDI was the only place to get a wine advent calendar, and people would line up well before opening to get one, as each location got just a few.

Now, it seems everyone is selling them. I’ve seen them at Kroger, Meijer, online, Sam’s, and more than just wine now, too. You can get beer, cheese, champagne, jams, chocolates of course, and even dog and cat treat-filled ones for the pets.

We’ve had wine, cheese, chocolates, jams, and now beer.

Oh, and that beer one, I got it at Sam’s, and it was $39.

I keep my gifts to under $20usd or better yet, homemade for next to nothing.
That twenty buck limit will be difficult with my younger Sister's gift ... I always send her one of my Rum or Kahlua Cakes in the mail, ever since she was in College.
WELL!
It costs me about $4 to make the cake now with the outrageous price of Eggs and then a USPS medium sized Priority Flat Rate box has gone up to $17.05 :facepalm:WTH!!!
I'm over budget :mad:

That's a lot of money, considering the wine started off as water. :wink:

CD

Back
Top Bottom