Christmas Appetizers

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
4:45 AM
What kind of appetizers will you be serving this holiday season. I am looking for some new ideas and would like to try some recipes from around the world. I am open to anything normal or geared toward vegetarian or gluten free.

In the last family gathering, we served nachos with a variety of dips. It was a hit with the guests especially the one with ground beef. My husband and I had already agreed that we would again bring nachos (corn chips actually) and dips for Christmas. We always spend Christmas day in the house of my sister whose birthday falls on that day. So aside from some special dishes, we also bring appetizers, fruits and drinks. We are experimenting on a dip made of tuna flakes and so far it is okay with us.

A favorite among many of my family members is a spinach dip. The recipe can actually be found on the back of the Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix box. It's easy to make and everyone loves it. We usually have a cheese and cracker platter, and some shrimp cocktail, too.

Reactions: L_B
Well with me it will depend on my money situation as to what I will be serving, but I was thinking of perhaps making one of those homemade cheese balls they sound good. It would be a first for me I don't think I have ever made one before so, it should be interesting. I think it would make a nice additon to tradtional snacks and appetizers.

A favorite among many of my family members is a spinach dip. The recipe can actually be found on the back of the Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix box. It's easy to make and everyone loves it. We usually have a cheese and cracker platter, and some shrimp cocktail, too.

This is also a favorite among my family and friends. It is so tastey and so addictive. Once you start eating it would can't stop, It will be on my appetizer list for Christmas again this year as it has been for many years now. So so good!

I just lay out some cheese, grapes and bread for my guests and family. But ofcourse I only take out the fancy cheese especially during the holidays like Brie, Jack and Camembert. I also bring out my best sweet red wine from the market-- everything always tastes better with some alcohol! French bread is a great display along with some sour bread.

This Christmas, we're ehaving canapés of blinis topped with cream cheese,smoked salmon and caviar and mini bruschetta with tomato and mozzarella.

Back
Top Bottom