Christmas cake

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
6:19 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
As you may have guessed, my OH and I are leaving the country tomorrow. So last night at his parents' home, with all but one of the family present, a Christmas cake I made for Christmas 2014 was finally opened. Now I usually make this fruit cake around October time and leave it to mature, well wrapped up until December of the same year. But that year my back failed disastrously leaving me partially paralysed and needing surgery just before Christmas so the last thing on our minds was the cake (or even Christmas for that matter).

So the cake was finally opened. We didn't really know if it was going to be OK or not. But it was wonderful. No, fantastic. So it seems a well matured fruit cake minus the bits I don't like (mostly candied peel and glace cherries) and minus alcohol which several of us don't do will happily survive +18 months of wrapped correctly!

Now sadly I can only take with us enough to eat on the plane. It can't go to Australia with us!

Bribe the Border Guards!!

Although it is a long flight, and it is a large airplane. Provided you're not the power unit.

Back
Top Bottom