Christmas Cookies Taste Like Nothing

Mockingbird

Veteran
Local time
6:48 AM
I love nothing better then Christmas Cookies, I love them the most when someone else makes them. That's how I find the best new types to add to my collection. This year I have a few really great ones, the best one is a peanut butter ball that was dipped in chocolate, OH those were so good. I received some cookies Friday, these were ricotta drop cookies and I have to tell you they tasted like nothing. they were not sweet, had no flavor and truthfully did not even look tasty. Now I do not know much about Italian style Christmas cookies, has anyone had these ricotta drop cookies? Are they relatively bland like this usually?

Never had the cookies but I've tried the Russian tea cake cookies for the first time and oh my, they were delicious!! I'm now making them myself for my Christmas dinner.

I don't think there was much of anything else in the cookies to add flavor. I don't know a lot about the Ricotta type, I tend to prefer the sweeter sugar cookies, but you would think at the very least there would be some flavor you could add. Thought maybe a bit of Lemon perhaps? I don't know if that would make the cheese curdle. Maybe what the thing to do would be to add flavoring to the frosting? Just tasted like sugar, I think that orange zest could help that.

Back
Top Bottom