Christmas Decorations - show us yours!

We don't decorate a whole lot anymore, just a wreath and a few ground level lights. I was debating yesterday whether or not to put anything more up since it would require getting up on a ladder, which my knees do not like at all.

When DD was still at home we did a lot, lights all over house, lighted reindeer and sleigh in the yard, snowman, etc, lights in bushes/palm trees. Before we downsized, the part of our house that faced the street was single story and had a huge sloping triangle facing forward and then 2 sides to form the roof. Roofs are a little different in Florida due to hurricanes now. They are sort of flattened with lots of flat surfaces and low slopes so they hold up better against high winds. The clay roof tiles were rectangular and each layer formed a nice straight line. Craig climbed out on the roof and lined every single row with white lights and we also put white lights around the windows that faced the street. I don't know how many light strands he used, but it was a lot and we plugged them in through the window in my office on the second story, which faced the street. They were on a timer so they came on automatically when it got dark. One night our DD was getting ready to go out for a Christmas party. Her bathroom was 1 of the rooms with a window facing the street. She flipped on her hair dryer and the whole front of the house went dark. The addition of the power pull from the hair dryer caused the circuit breaker to pop. Neighbors were already teasing us about being able to see our house from space. It got even worse once we shared that story.

image.jpg

Baby steps, lol. Gd and wife put this up yesterday. It has lights but you can't see as it's almost midday here. Outside will be done later.

Russ

It’s a hullabaloo here as a cabinet from the dining room needs to be emptied and shifted to make room for the tree. The cabinet moved yesterday. So once we get moving (it’s just after 6am here) then today will be the day.

Thinking of writing and posting some cards this weekend, maybe put the tree up next weekend.

In the evening I walk past a house with tree lights that flash so fast that it would give me a headache :o_o:

This was the tree last year

DSC_2533.JPG

Along with the Christmas stockings.

DSC_2323.JPG

I'm lacking presents to put into them this year! And we now live in a different house ,so furniture needs to be moved to get the tree in this year. Luckily I checked a cubbyhole just as we were locking up and leaving our last home because inside was 1 item/thing, the tree holder which has sentimental value having been with us when we first moved in together more than 2.5 decades ago .

Back
Top Bottom