Christmas Menu

Sticky Fingers

Local time
4:34 PM
Have you worked on an Xmas menu yet???
I would like you to share it, with cook early then fridge/freeze it.
How about timing on the day for say 15:00 hrs at the table.

Or am I daft thinking of Christmas on the 6th September.☃

No planning needed for me. I cook xmas breakfast. Dad puts a ham in the oven until it is fully dried out. Mom makes mashed potatoes. Sister makes green bean casserole.

CD

Christmas?! Geez, people, can't we even get through Labor Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving first? I'm about sick and tired of everyone rushing to get to---

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can't type that with a straight face!

Of course it's not too early to be thinking about Christmas! Too early?! TOO EARLY?!?! Does such a concept even exist, where Inside Tree Day is concerned?! I don't think so!

I've already bought MrsTasty's first stocking-stuffer gift (pssst...it's a little insulated travel mug shaped like a stemless champagne flute, and it says "Mornings Mean Mimosas!" - don't tell!).

Christmas Day is almost always the same - a standing rib roast, roasted potatoes, some kind of gratin. The dessert will be some kind of cake, most likely.

It's the days leading up to Christmas that are the most fun to plan, though - all the spiced nuts and meatballs and fondue and champagne punches and chocolates...oh!

I was going through my cookbooks the other day looking for recipes for the Almond Action going on, and I got distracted because several have Christmas chapters, and I started making notes for those. I also have two British versions of Woman's Day and Good Housekeeping (or something like that) and those are just brimming with recipes. I bought them last year, but didn't get to make everything I wanted.

Seriously, the only reason I live the first nine months of the year is to experience the last three, and COVID or no COVID, Christmas is absolutely not cancelled at this house!

IT'S CHRISTMAS, M***** F******!!!

🥳👍🏻🤜🏻🤛🏻🎅🤶🕺🏻🎄⛄☃️❄️🍾🥂💰🎉🎊🎁🛍🧸

I have a shopping list / menu for both USA Thanksgiving and USA Christmas.
duck simple - save as XmasMenu2010 ... 2011...2012....

and I have an Excel spread sheet where I can enter "sit down to eat time" which then does clock math backwards for all the tasks. at clock time, , , take out the butter to soften, make the X-salad, turn on oven to preheat....
which exports to another "alarm program" - which monitors the system clock and beeps/alarms/alerts the cook . . . there's this 'thing' to be done at this time . . . .

one upon a time I attempted to share that kind of stuff with members in a cooking galaxy far, far way.
unfortunately.....the discipline required to do entries usable by "clock math" in Excel exceeds the willingness of users to actually learn/abide by MicroSoft's Excel requirements, so I stopped offering those files.

Christmas?! Geez, people, can't we even get through Labor Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving first? I'm about sick and tired of everyone rushing to get to---

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can't type that with a straight face!

Of course it's not too early to be thinking about Christmas! Too early?! TOO EARLY?!?! Does such a concept even exist, where Inside Tree Day is concerned?! I don't think so!

I've already bought MrsTasty's first stocking-stuffer gift (pssst...it's a little insulated travel mug shaped like a stemless champagne flute, and it says "Mornings Mean Mimosas!" - don't tell!).

Christmas Day is almost always the same - a standing rib roast, roasted potatoes, some kind of gratin. The dessert will be some kind of cake, most likely.

It's the days leading up to Christmas that are the most fun to plan, though - all the spiced nuts and meatballs and fondue and champagne punches and chocolates...oh!

I was going through my cookbooks the other day looking for recipes for the Almond Action going on, and I got distracted because several have Christmas chapters, and I started making notes for those. I also have two British versions of Woman's Day and Good Housekeeping (or something like that) and those are just brimming with recipes. I bought them last year, but didn't get to make everything I wanted.

Seriously, the only reason I live the first nine months of the year is to experience the last three, and COVID or no COVID, Christmas is absolutely not cancelled at this house!

IT'S CHRISTMAS, M***** F******!!!

🥳👍🏻🤜🏻🤛🏻🎅🤶🕺🏻🎄⛄☃❄🍾🥂💰🎉🎊🎁🛍🧸

Ooops

There is someone a little like me, I agree it's the 120 days before that are the best.

and I have an Excel spread sheet where I can enter "sit down to eat time" which then does clock math backwards for all the tasks. at clock time, , , take out the butter to soften, make the X-salad, turn on oven to preheat....
which exports to another "alarm program" - which monitors the system clock and beeps/alarms/alerts the cook . . . there's this 'thing' to be done at this time . . . .
I like the way you think! ✊

I like the way you think! ✊

I don't have to think, just drink. :D

Xmas starts with coffee and a good breakfast (patting myself on the back). Then we open presents, and pretend to be surprised when we get exactly what we asked for.

Then, dad puts an already cooked Kroger ham in the oven. Of course, he is a very happy millionaire because he got the ham with a half-price coupon.

I would say my happiest xmas cooking experience is making my maple glazed pecans. My dad loves them. My mom and sister give me the hairy eyeball for making a pound of them for my dad. But, he's 88 years old, what's the worst that can happen -- he dies from eating sugar-coated pecans?

CD

Back
Top Bottom