Christmas Pudding - do you love it or hate it?

Mewmew

Local time
8:55 PM
[Mod.Edit: Posts moved from old thread to start a new one]

Love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh cripes, I've just necro posted this thread..! :ohmy:

Its never too early in the year to talk about Xmas pudding. In fact, if you make your own you either should have made it by now or be starting tomorrow.

I love it! I've no real sweet tooth but Christmas Pudding is an exception. Bold, dark, rich, fruity, boozy and flaming with brandy...

We love it.

But, and it's a big but. Just like our Christmas cake it is simply too heavy to be eating in Australia at anytime during or even closer to the Christmas period when it is +35° or usually hotter still. We tried and failed. It sat in the fridge for 2 years until this weekend just gone when we finally let it go to the compost bin.

In fact about the only time to eat it here is for 'Christmas in July' something very definitely celebrated with a Christmas style meal when the weather resembles that of northern Europe temperature wise at least.

We only buy it if my dad is with us because he likes it, when he isn't with us we don't bother, neither of us are fans to be honest.

If we live in "Merca," can we substitute Fruitcake for Christmas Pudding? I don't think they are the same, but are also loved and hated. They are loaded with candied fruit, and have the density of potter's clay. I hate them, but they are good for self defense... you can hit an attacker with one and knock him out.

CD

We love it.

But, and it's a big but. Just like our Christmas cake it is simply too heavy to be eating in Australia at anytime during or even closer to the Christmas period when it is +35° or usually hotter still. We tried and failed. It sat in the fridge for 2 years until this weekend just gone when we finally let it go to the compost bin.

In fact about the only time to eat it here is for 'Christmas in July' something very definitely celebrated with a Christmas style meal when the weather resembles that of northern Europe temperature wise at least.
Christmas cake ice cream?

I like Christmas pud well enough that I bought a pud-inspired teapot (which I do use at Christmastime:

I doubly like how my reflection looks like that of a mad toy maker, and Santa appears to be worried about what I might do next!

Back
Top Bottom