Recipe Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies

Local time
9:29 AM
I have not eaten chocolate chip cookies in a long time. When I came across this recipe it reminded me of them. They are some of my favourite cookies.

Source: http://www.ghirardelli.com/recipes/cinnamon-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
2-1⁄2 cups Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
1 teaspoon shortening (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour with a spatula or wooden spoon. Stir in the 2 cups Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.

upload_2016-7-1_17-49-50.jpeg

I too love a cinnamon cookie and these look delicious. The thing with me is I'd rather not have all the extra fancy chocolate toppings. Did I miss at what stage the fancy design comes in?

Back
Top Bottom