1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons butter - melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
For The Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter - chilled and cut into small cubes

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13 or 10 x 10 baking dish by spraying the inside generously with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the vanilla to the milk and give it quick stir. Add the vanilla milk and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined and moistened. Transfer to prepared baking dish and smooth level with a spatula.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture over the batter in the pan. Shake the pan gently to distribute the topping evenly. Scatter the small cubes of butter over the topping. Press each cube into the topping so they are barely visible.
  4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/superdisplay.asp?recipeid=3018

Is something missing here? Is there supposed to be coffee in it? Looks like an interesting recipe though. I like the idea of poking cubes of butter into the mixture.

I'll answer my own question. I'd never heard the term in this context.

coffee cake
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
  1. a cake or sweet bread flavoured with cinnamon or topped or filled with cinnamon sugar, eaten usually with coffee.

Is there any tea in a Rich Tea biscuit!!
:giggle::giggle: At least she answered her own question and it's the question I would have had in my mind myself. Yet I have come to realise there is often nothing or much in the names of your recipes. I love this recipe though. Do you think I can pull it off or might it be a big "flop". Oh my baking....I do get a little nervous with my baking.

View attachment 2882
Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons butter - melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
For The Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter - chilled and cut into small cubes

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13 or 10 x 10 baking dish by spraying the inside generously with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the vanilla to the milk and give it quick stir. Add the vanilla milk and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined and moistened. Transfer to prepared baking dish and smooth level with a spatula.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture over the batter in the pan. Shake the pan gently to distribute the topping evenly. Scatter the small cubes of butter over the topping. Press each cube into the topping so they are barely visible.
  4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/superdisplay.asp?recipeid=3018

Looks DELISH!!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom