1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
3/4 teaspoon almond extract, divided
1 cup dried tart cherries
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon cornstarch

Preparation
  1. Combine 6 cups water and next 3 ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain.
  2. Return rice and cinnamon stick to pan; stir in milk, 1/2 cup sugar, and ground cinnamon. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 30 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Discard cinnamon stick. Remove from heat; stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
  3. Combine cherries and remaining 1 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; cook 5 minutes. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch. Add to cherry mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and remaining 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Serve pudding with sauce.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cinnamon-rice-pudding-cherry

When I was a kid my Mum used to make rice pudding on Sundays. It was rice pudding with slightly burnt skin on top. We had it with evaporated milk. This recipe reminded me of that. I don't think we really did fight over he skin - although that is what people of my age might tell you. :)

This is one of those deserts that I just could not have the desire, nor have the stomach to eat. :headshake::stop::ninja:

Back
Top Bottom