Recipe Citrus Salmon

Herbie

Veteran
Local time
5:11 AM
A friend gave me this recipe idea for salmon poached in citrus juice. It is a lovely fresh dish. I usually serve with rice and summer green veg (peas, beans, asparagus). My recipe is as follows but I like it quite sharp but you can make it sweeter with more orange and less lemon/lime.

Side of salmon, de-skinned and cut into portions.
Zest and juice of
  • 3 oranges
  • 2 lemons
  • 2 limes
(This made about 500ml.)

Bring juice (with zest) to a simmer and turn done to a gentle simmer and add the salmon and a few grinds of black pepper.
Poach until done.
Top with herbs (I used lemon balm and parsley).

My friend added creme fresh at the end, but I don't eat dairy .

A lovely summery way to serve salmon. I'd imagine (although I'm not a salmon fan) that this would be good served cold.

This is a very good recipe. We tried it on holiday as it's perfect for a limited kitchen, but I didn't take any photo's. Did it again at home last night:

IMG_0466a.jpg

The citrus really does work well with the salmon. On holiday we added a glug of ouzo to the sauce. When the salmon was resting the sauce was reduced to a thick syrup and taste adjusted with sugar. Very fresh, a lovely recipe @Herbie

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very good recipe. We tried it on holiday as it's perfect for a limited kitchen, but I didn't take any photo's. Did it again at home last night:
View attachment 17824
The citrus really does work well with the salmon. On holiday we added a glug of ouzo to the sauce. When the salmon was resting the sauce was reduced to a thick syrup and taste adjusted with sugar. Very fresh, a lovely recipe @Herbie

I do so love it when members' cook each other's recipes. It looks lovely.

A friend gave me this recipe idea for salmon poached in citrus juice. It is a lovely fresh dish. I usually serve with rice and summer green veg (peas, beans, asparagus). My recipe is as follows but I like it quite sharp but you can make it sweeter with more orange and less lemon/lime.

Side of salmon, de-skinned and cut into portions.
Zest and juice of
  • 3 oranges
  • 2 lemons
  • 2 limes
(This made about 500ml.)

Bring juice (with zest) to a simmer and turn done to a gentle simmer and add the salmon and a few grinds of black pepper.
Poach until done.
Top with herbs (I used lemon balm and parsley).

My friend added creme fresh at the end, but I don't eat dairy .

Oh great recipe, I like it very much..I prepare a similar one with sea bream instead of salmon. Yours is very interesting

Back
Top Bottom