Cleaning my oven

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:37 PM
I've been using a last from poo pourri book for last 5 years. She charges $50 for all internal surfaces and does a dam good job. I couldn't find her to start with but I found out she has remarried and last name is changed. Anywho shes due here now and rate is now $55.
Do you guys get someone in? It takes her approx 25 mins.

Russ

That's cheap. Over here they want over $100. After seeing that figure I did it myself - no it's not perfect, but it will do as it's only going to get dirty again.

Assume you meant 'lass'. :) ..and a 10% rise over 5 years is reasonable.

Ours (electric) is the same as kaneohegirlinaz - it comes with a self-clean cycle (two, actually; one is for steam, but it doesn’t do a very good job).

Press the button, the door locks, the ovens heats up to about 4 bazillion degrees and burns all the crud off, and once it cools down to a safe temp, it unlocks - takes about three hours and raises the ambient temperature in the kitchen by a noticeable amount, so I usually run it around early November and again in early April, unless I have some sort of nasty spill I need cleaned immediately.

Ours (electric) is the same as kaneohegirlinaz - it comes with a self-clean cycle (two, actually; one is for steam, but it doesn’t do a very good job).

Press the button, the door locks, the ovens heats up to about 4 bazillion degrees and burns all the crud off, and once it cools down to a safe temp, it unlocks - takes about three hours and raises the ambient temperature in the kitchen by a noticeable amount, so I usually run it around early November and again in early April, unless I have some sort of nasty spill I need cleaned immediately.

I want 1 of those now. Maybe next time. This one is only about 5?? Years old .

Russ

I should have used mine today, had no idea that all my company (seven) was going to bail on me tonight except one. Ah well, too hot this coming week to do it. I need to have my doors and windows open when I use that self-cleaning feature. The high was 74F today...going to be 90's over the next few days. Yuck.

I should have used mine today, had no idea that all my company (seven) was going to bail on me tonight except one. Ah well, too hot this coming week to do it. I need to have my doors and windows open when I use that self-cleaning feature. The high was 74F today...going to be 90's over the next few days. Yuck.
3 deg c here today in the morning. High 12. I hate winter.

Russ

I use a company and it costs around £55 which is $67 or 106 NZ dollars. So rascal's oven cleaner is half the price of mine if the price he quotes is NZ dollars.

However, I now very rarely use the oven as I cook almost everything in the halogen cooker (which is not the same as an air fryer). Its effectively a small oven and heats up in seconds. Unfortunately that is now dark brown with crud and I don't think the oven cleaning company will clean that. I've got to the point where I turn a blind eye to it, as its impossible to clean properly unless like Yorky you have a partner who cleans it almost every time you use it. He has the same halogen cooker.

I use a company and it costs around £55 which is $67 or 106 NZ dollars. So rascal's oven cleaner is half the price of mine if the price he quotes is NZ dollars.

However, I now very rarely use the oven as I cook almost everything in the halogen cooker (which is not the same as an air fryer). Its effectively a small oven and heats up in seconds. Unfortunately that is now dark brown with crud and I don't think the oven cleaning company will clean that. I've got to the point where I turn a blind eye to it, as its impossible to clean properly unless like Yorky you have a partner who cleans it almost every time you use it. He has the same halogen cooker.

Not almost every time - every time.

Air fryer also. Basket and basket holder.

[Edit: I don't ask her to do it; in fact I tell her it's not necessary particularly when I've only heated a meat pie!]

Last edited:
Anywho shes due here now and rate is now $55.
Do you guys get someone in? It takes her approx 25 mins.

I get folks in to do many things but $55.00 (NZ?) for 25 minutes is a bit stiff.

I pay my gardener and his lacky US$ 18.00 for 3 hours work to cut and clear the grass from my back field. He also has permission to take with him as much as he can carry.

I get folks in to do many things but $55.00 (NZ?) for 25 minutes is a bit stiff.

I pay my gardener and his lacky US$ 18.00 for 3 hours work to cut and clear the grass from my back field. He also has permission to take with him as much as he can carry.

You could keep livestock on that field!

That’d be $100 here easily, and they’d charge extra to rake it and haul it away.

M

My lawn man uses trimmer for edges then he mows. Then he blows paths clean and removes cut grass.
He removes anything he thinks is waste. All for $25 a mow.again he takes about 25 to 30 mins.
I grow chilly seedlings for him and leave surplus next to money I leave out for him.
Hes a gardener like my wife.

Russ

That’d be $100 here easily, and they’d charge extra to rake it and haul it away.

He takes about 50% of it in his pickup, the rest we give to an old man in the village who picks it up in his motorbike and trailer. Apparently we could charge for it but we don't.

Back
Top Bottom