• Heat oven to 325°F; grease two 8-inch round cake pans
  • Combine melted butter, oil and Coca-Cola into a pot; bring to a boil
  • Mix flour and sugar in mixing bowl
  • Slowly add Coca-Cola/oil mixture to flour blend
  • Add buttermilk and baking soda; mix well
  • Add cocoa powder
  • Add vanilla to mix
  • Add eggs, one at a time
  • Whip ingredients until well blended (batter will be loose)
  • Divide batter evenly between cake pans
  • Bake for 30 minutes
  • Let cakes cool before removing cakes from pans.
  • After cakes have cooled, remove puffy tops of cakes for a smooth cake surface. (Cakes should be even for layering.)
  • For Icing: Combine ingredients for Ganache icing. Smooth layer of icing on bottom cake layer. Layer second cake on top of icing and smooth the remaining icing over the top.

Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 30 min

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/food/coca-cola-chocolate-cake-with-ganache-icing

@winterybella

Wow that cake looks awesome. Here it is 6 am and I am drooling over chocolate cake. I have been craving chocolate cake for the last few weeks. I don't dare make one because I will end up having to eat it all. Looks good though.

I swore I commented on this cake already. Is this a duplicate? This looks delightful I have to admit. No fan of coke but I have a cold one every few years and it's a such a good high. Disguise in what looks like a chocolate cake should be heavenly. No guinness in this one Classic 33?

That looks really pretty good. I have seen recipes like that online. Also, Cracker Barrel makes a great looking version of coca cola chocolate cake. I wonder if you could just add coca cola to boxed cake mixes for similar results? It seems like it would be similar. I made cherry cola brownies once, and they were awesome.

Back
Top Bottom