½ tsp ground dried chipotle pepper
2 (1 1/4 pound) boneless pork tenderloins
kosher salt
2 tsp vegetable oil
⅓ cup cherry preserves
⅓ cup white vinegar
1 pinch dried oregano

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Whisk cocoa powder, ancho chile powder, cumin, black pepper, and chipotle pepper in a bowl. Set aside.

Generously season tenderloins with salt, then coat in the cocoa powder mixture. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place tenderloins in the skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cook until browned on each side, about 4 minutes.

Transfer tenderloins to a baking dish; cook in the preheated oven until pork is slightly pink in the center, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).

Whisk cherry preserves, vinegar, and oregano in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon sauce over pork tenderloin and serve.

Recipe courtesy of Chef John, Food Wishes/Allrecipes.com

Last edited:
COCOA-CHERRY PORK
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
2 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
1 TB ground ancho chile pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp ground dried chipotle pepper
2 (1 1/4 pound) boneless pork tenderloins
kosher salt
2 tsp vegetable oil
⅓ cup cherry preserves
⅓ cup white vinegar
1 pinch dried oregano

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Whisk cocoa powder, ancho chile powder, cumin, black pepper, and chipotle pepper in a bowl. Set aside.

Generously season tenderloins with salt, then coat in the cocoa powder mixture. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place tenderloins in the skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cook until browned on each side, about 4 minutes.

Transfer tenderloins to a baking dish; cook in the preheated oven until pork is slightly pink in the center, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).

Recipe courtesy of Chef John, Food Wishes/Allrecipes.com
I would love to try that. I love cherries.

Russ

OK, you've intrigued me with this one. One question - the white wine vinegar - what is a 'cup' measurement? (so i can work out 1/3) As if get this wrong I image it would completely overpower it? what is 1/3 cup in ml?

OK, you've intrigued me with this one. One question - the white wine vinegar - what is a 'cup' measurement? (so i can work out 1/3) As if get this wrong I image it would completely overpower it? what is 1/3 cup in ml?
Just FYI, there are conversion tools on line for grams/ounces and fluid ounces/cups to ml, and vice versa. Google is your friend!

Back
Top Bottom