Cod and salt cod

This is a continuation of the last quote in the post above (my bold):

Source: A History of Salt Cod | History Today
That is remarkable! Thank you for the link.
I would love to try the portuguese cod balls...
Yes, the salting came later, climate conditioned. Amazing how history is created...
The Venetian Querini is mentioned here too.
They are quite large with 120 cm!
I hope cod is not extinct anymore!

It still amazes me why we are doing all of this and thank you for the lesson Morning Glory .
Stay healthy
I had to think about this, I immediately was overflown with love for traditional food, recipes, historic continuity...
I believe we as Earth inhabitants would be very deprived without traditions in food...
Take a recently discussed Bratwurst...it took centuries...
I admire the diversity of modern cooking throughout time and innovatiobs, no doubt...fusion and minimalism and newness, of course, very welcome!

But not without the food heritage...🤷😁
How do you feel about it? And your thoughts?

Salt cod is very popular in the Caribbean, too. There is a traditional dish Ackee and Saltfish (national dish of Jamaica).

Photo from: Ackee & Saltfish Recipe

I had to think about this, I immediately was overflown with love for traditional food, recipes, historic continuity...
I believe we as Earth inhabitants would be very deprived without traditions in food...
(…)

But not without the food heritage...🤷😁
How do you feel about it? And your thoughts?
My thought?, it's basically the question about the sense of live. Why did our ancestors decide to change their style of living, what was their motivation to build new ships and make a new fish dish that is popular until today and surely some hundred years more. Excuse me for offtopic, I still don't know how bacalhau tastes like and I think I should buy one or two portions in the future.
Stay healthy

Why did our ancestors decide to change their style of living, what was their motivation to build new ships and make a new fish dish that is popular until today and surely some hundred years more.
Interesting thought.👍
Curiosity, the seduction of the new and the unknown, thirst for exploration, for profit?
Don't know exactly...many reasons possibly...
I am sure everyone has some food that she/he did not try...
Mahlzeit!🙂

Back
Top Bottom