Coffee

Discussion in 'Beverages, Drinks and Smoothies' started by Herbie, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Herbie

Herbie Senior Member

Decaff or caff?
    No milk, milk, dairy-free milk?
    Sugar?
    Syrup (flavour?)?
    Moccas, Americano, espresso, etc ?
    Kenyan, Italian, etc.?

Me? Black Americano or filter. No sugar. I like Kenyan coffee. No caffeine after my after-lunch coffee.

rascal likes this.
  2. rascal

rascal Über Member

Not one for coffee, maybe once or twice a month. Flat white when I do.
    Now tea, I love earl grey, I prolly have about 5 cups a week.
    My friend likes going for coffee and having a chat, I tag along.

Russ

3. rascal

rascal Über Member

Have you tried the one from Bali, pretty expensive coffee, you get it 3rd hand. Most expensive in the world I believe.??

Russ

4. epicuric

epicuric Über Member Staff Member

At home it's Lavazza, for breakfast during the week it's put through a cafetiere for convenience. At the weekend it's either brewed on the stove top, or using a lovely old 70's percolator that gurgles away, filling the kitchen with an amazing aroma. Drunk black, or with a dash of milk.

When I'm out and about I favour McDonalds coffee. It's strong, nicely flavoured and cheap. A plain white coffee costs £1.59. Waitrose is also very good, and you can take your own cup. Can't abide places like Starbucks or Costa with all the expensive, obesity fuelling cr*p they put into their coffee. That makes me somewhat of a hypocrite, because I have just remembered that on holiday I often enjoy an iced frappe, complete with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.

MypinchofItaly likes this.
  5. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

I'm not a fan of coffee - tea for me. PG tips 'builder's tea' strength. If I do drink coffee its 100% Arabica from Aldi. The best instant coffee on the market IMHO - and the cheapest! On the rare occasions I drink it its with almond milk. Quite a lot of almond milk.

I never order coffee when out - if I have anything its a glass of wine or a beer!

epicuric likes this.
  6. detroitdad

detroitdad Senior Member

yes :)

I grind my beans every morning. I prefer it black.

7. medtran49

medtran49 Über Member

Preferably iced with cream and sugar. When I'm craving it, I make a large batch of very strong coffee and simple syrup, let them cool, then mix in a pitcher and put it in the refrigerator, then have enough for several days, adding cream as I make me a glass each morning.

8. Herbie

Herbie Senior Member

@morning glory I now drink aldi instant and ground (I don't think they do beans) since being told about it by a friend who loves their coffee. Great coffee at low price.

morning glory likes this.
  9. medtran49

medtran49 Über Member

Or Irish coffee

10. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

It is very good. I've tried the 100% arabica instant from all leading supermarkets but Aldi wins out (and its much cheaper).

Herbie likes this.
  11. rascal

rascal Über Member

I just threw out rock hard coffee and some milo had were rock solid. I came across,them looking for something else. Ran out of earl grey tea bags yesterday.

Russ

12. CraigC

CraigC Über Member

Irish Coffee or without booze Cuban Colada.

13. SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn (Site Owner) Staff Member Recipe Challenge Judge

Black, weaker than most, and sweet. Used to have it with milk no sugar, but when I was out hiking we always had it black with sugar and since having to stop all dairy I just went black with sugar.
    As for what, well I much prefer instant granules. I think we're on French style strength 3 on one of the major brands that name escapes me right now (bedtime here).

14. Mewmew

Mewmew Active Member

Kenco decaff (green label)
    Kenco roast (red label)
    Milk
    Sweeteners x2
    Mocha
    Cappuccino

I couldn't drink coffee iced as it feels like my brain is being pulled out of both my ears - sideways. I'm like :o_o::o_o::o_o::o_o::o_o:

rascal likes this.
  15. rascal

rascal Über Member

We call it brain freeze here, ;)

Russ