Cold sub sandwiches

Sweetkymom

Veteran
Local time
1:20 AM
I'm a fan of the roast beef and cheddar subs on regular white loaf bun. I add mayo, lettuce, tomato and sometimes red onion. I prefer using the thicker roast beef slices when available as it makes the sandwich much better!

What do your cold sub sandwiches contain?

I'm a fan of the roast beef and cheddar subs on regular white loaf bun. I add mayo, lettuce, tomato and sometimes red onion. I prefer using the thicker roast beef slices when available as it makes the sandwich much better!
What do your cold sub sandwiches contain?

I don't have subs too often, but when I do, it's usually a Philly Cheesesteak-type, which would also be beef like the kind you mentioned. I'm also not a fan of cheese on this type of sandwich, but I usually let them put it on because who orders a Philly CHEESEsteak without the cheese?! :thumbsdown:

For bread I like cheddar bread and the other things I get on it usually are tomatoes and mayo. I've found that homemade subs are much better than any I can find at a sub shop, so that's what I prefer doing. Not ready to bake my own rolls for them yet, though! :D

If I am doing a cold sub, I will typically go with thinly shaved ham & turkey, but it's gotta be the ones that aren't processed so much that they have the texture of bologna. Our local deli sells a "turkey off the bone" lunch meat which I love, since it's not all ground up and formed into a loaf like the cheaper cuts of lunch meat are. They also sell a lunch meat ham they prepare in a similar way, only they roast the ham in store, and thinly slice it so it melts in your mouth. For toppings I am relatively traditional - lettuce, red onions, tomatoes and pickles, with either a little bit of mayo or some red wine vinegar and olive oil.

If I am in the mood to splurge I will go with all Italian cold cuts, some of which are usually more expensive, such as prosciutto, along with more expensive Italian cheeses. I will also include things like roasted hot peppers preserved in oil, perhaps dress the roll with some pesto too.

Sadly many of the Quiznos closed in my area, but I used to love their Monterrey Turkey sub, which had turkey, bacon, Monterrey jack cheese and a red pepper sauce on it. Even after they took it off the menu, they would still make it for me when I requested it.

Back
Top Bottom