Complete Bose Stereo System!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
8:33 AM
Now it's complete with the 5-disk CD player! Five disks can be loaded, 6 with the one on top, for hours & hours of music- listening pleasure! Great system, even though it is used!! :whistling:

Too bad that they had stopped making these. They still make the radio though. Guess that they've gotten so expensive that no one was buying them any more!! I still was able to get the radio new.

It looks like THIS now! The CD changer blends in with it, to make it look like a whole unit!! :whistling:

Last edited:
I bought a second hand Denon/JBL system some 15 years ago and the receiver and 6 speakers are still going strong. The cassette player has been put out to pasture as has the DVD player (it was set to Region 1). Although I have an alternative CD/DVD player I hardly ever use it preferring USB sticks now (which can hold days of music).

The remote control still has me flummoxed though.....

I bought a second hand Denon/JBL system some 15 years ago and the receiver and 6 speakers are still going strong. The cassette player has been put out to pasture as has the DVD player (it was set to Region 1). Although I have an alternative CD/DVD player I hardly ever use it preferring USB sticks now (which can hold days of music).

Being as old as it is, I need to use the television as a USB input and a monitor. The USB also runs the inverted computer fan to cool the receiver during the hot weather (which is most of the time).

Ah sound systems and CD players! talk about a blast from the not-too-long-ago past!
My wife is an avid fan of the Korean pop band BTS and still buys their CDs to "show support" :laugh: Then the other day she realized we have no CD players in the house :roflmao: I told her I guess we can use my Playstation to play their audio CDs and DVDs 🤷‍♂️

Ah sound systems and CD players! talk about a blast from the not-too-long-ago past!
My wife is an avid fan of the Korean pop band BTS and still buys their CDs to "show support" :laugh: Then the other day she realized we have no CD players in the house :roflmao: I told her I guess we can use my Playstation to play their audio CDs and DVDs 🤷‍♂️

I have a DVD/CD player on my old desktop so I can use that to transfer music to USB sticks. There are still plenty of CDs left to transfer.

View attachment 86616

The remote control still has me flummoxed though.....
View attachment 86617
Lovely setup, Yorky!!! Mine is on an entertainment center as well. I also have a Polk sound system that's still in the box. Waiting for the TV to die because I had it since '08, but it's still going strong. :whistling:

It must have been early eighties. We were shopping in York and I was paying particular attention to a CD player when my wife asked me what it was. "It's a compact disc player", I said. "I was thinking we may get one sometime". "But you haven't got any compact discs", she said.

It must have been early eighties. We were shopping in York and I was paying particular attention to a CD player when my wife asked me what it was. "It's a compact disc player", I said. "I was thinking we may get one sometime". "But you haven't got any compact discs", she said.
I did the reverse. I think I got a whole box set of CD's well before I got something to play them on!

I did the reverse. I think I got a whole box set of CD's well before I got something to play them on!

I cannot remember the first CD that I bought. It could have been Van Morrison's "It's Too Late To Stop Now" (I already had the vinyl). The player was a Yamaha that I bought in Chester.

However, I can remember the first vinyl that I bought in 1968 - Bob Dylan's "John Wesley Harding". The second was "Bookends" by Simon and Garfunkel. At the time I had a Garrard SP25 MkII turntable, a Leak Stereo 30 amplifier and homemade speakers.

And I need to check CookingBites to find out what I had to eat yesterday!

Actually, Compact Disks had replaced records (Vinal LP's).to take up far less space at home & on the go. Then MP players, I-phones & smart phones had replaced the hassles of carrying CD's on the go. Music stations YouTube on smart phones made it easier to eliminate having to carry CD's on the go. :whistling:

Last edited:
I cannot remember the first CD that I bought. It could have been Van Morrison's "It's Too Late To Stop Now" (I already had the vinyl). The player was a Yamaha that I bought in Chester.

However, I can remember the first vinyl that I bought in 1968 - Bob Dylan's "John Wesley Harding". The second was "Bookends" by Simon and Garfunkel. At the time I had a Garrard SP25 MkII turntable, a Leak Stereo 30 amplifier and homemade speakers.

And I need to check CookingBites to find out what I had to eat yesterday!

My first LP - and they were around a lot earlier than when I got my stereo - was a Moody Blues Greatest Hits album. I'd just joined that old Columbia House progam for buying music (LPs but they may have carried cassettes back then) - was leery enough about them back in the early-mid 70s that I purposely misspelled my name. Yes, they sold my name a thousand times and I finally ditched them when I moved up here to MA around 2018. Shhhhh....

As for first CDs - a box set of Jethro Tull and a few Richard Thompson albums. Before I got the player.

Actually, Compact Disks had replaced records (Vinal LP's).to take up far less space at home & on the go. Then MP players, I-phones & smart phones had replaced the hassles of carrying CD's on the go. Music stations YouTube on smart phones made it easier to eliminate having to carry CD's on the go. :whistling:

I have NOT subscribed to any of those services that want you to play their tunes, or set up playlists of what they have to offer that are at any one time in just a specific genre. I used to make my own playlists and port them to CD - So much better for me!!

Back
Top Bottom