Cookbook Clubs, Supper Clubs I have one and would

I noticed a cook book club being hosted by a grocery - the cookbook that month was something I wasn't interested in cooking from. I should go back and see what the next cookbook will be - it's a monthly thing, and August is about to start. Thanks for the reminder.

Hi Mountain Cat, on my cooking game, I had members number their cookbooks and every week, I would pick a number. That way we all got to use our own cookbooks. It was interesting how many times people would say they were using that cookbook for the first time. I could relate. A lot of my cookbooks were just sitting on a shelf gathering dust. lol. I needed an incentive to use them. Some players did not have that many cookbooks as the number picked for the week, so I told them to just keep counting over till they reached that number. That way, everyone got to play. They had a week to tell us about the cookbook, make a recipe from it, post the recipe and tell us what they thought of it. As the years went on, we did a lot of different things. Some like what we do here. I would pick an ingredient, subject.........sorry, TMI lol I do get carried away talking about it.

Do you think someday we could do something like that here? We could go anywhere in the world, do anything we want. I didn't realize it was stlll so cold where some of you live. If you want to get warm, you are welcome to come here and we can have another pool party. (a virtual one of course, lol)

Well we could certainly try it - but the biggest problem is time difference. When I get up then @SatNavSaysStraightOn is going to bed! And there is a difference too between the US and UK. My afternoon is probably the morning for many of you over there.

Hi Mountain Cat, on my cooking game, I had members number their cookbooks and every week, I would pick a number. That way we all got to use our own cookbooks. It was interesting how many times people would say they were using that cookbook for the first time. I could relate. A lot of my cookbooks were just sitting on a shelf gathering dust. lol. I needed an incentive to use them. Some players did not have that many cookbooks as the number picked for the week, so I told them to just keep counting over till they reached that number. That way, everyone got to play. They had a week to tell us about the cookbook, make a recipe from it, post the recipe and tell us what they thought of it. As the years went on, we did a lot of different things. Some like what we do here. I would pick an ingredient, subject.........sorry, TMI lol I do get carried away talking about it.

Its a great idea. I love hearing about it. I'm supposed to be launching a new prize challenge soon (I got delayed). The Prize Challenge is different from the Recipe Challenge as its generally based on a theme rather than an ingredient. And the winner is decided by a member's poll and receives a 'foodie' related prize. I have an idea for that which I'd really like to do. But your cooking game has given me some other ideas for future challenges.

Just as an idea on time zones, we currently have active members in the following areas (USA, I've approximated the time zones)

West coast(ish) America: GMT-8
Somewhere inbetween: GMT-6
East coast America: GMT-5
UK: GMT+1
Europe: GMT+2
Thailand: GMT+7
East coast Australia: GMT+9
New Zealand: GMT+12

Its a great idea. I love hearing about it. I'm supposed to be launching a new prize challenge soon (I got delayed). The Prize Challenge is different from the Recipe Challenge as its generally based on a theme rather than an ingredient. And the winner is decided by a member's poll and receives a 'foodie' related prize. I have an idea for that which I'd really like to do. But your cooking game has given me some other ideas for future challenges.
Thanks, glad to be of some help.

Cookiee, that sounds like an awesome idea. I do have many cookbooks here I've not used at all, and another many that I've only done one or maybe three things from.

Of course there are a few others that I look at recipes, and adapt the heck out of. And a couple I have just to read, and drool...

Cookiee, that sounds like an awesome idea. I do have many cookbooks here I've not used at all, and another many that I've only done one or maybe three things from.

Of course there are a few others that I look at recipes, and adapt the heck out of. And a couple I have just to read, and drool...

MC, wish you had found my game back then, you would have made a great player.

Do you have a Facebook group? I think it would be fun to join, if you're accepting of course.

Well if you do, I love to join in. Or if you're looking to collaborate with someone to start, I like to be considered.
Thank you, I really appreciate your interest in the game. I will certainly keep you in mind.
Good luck with your search for chili recipes.

Back
Top Bottom