Cookbook for people with Learning Difficulties

chrismedwell

Über Member
Local time
1:04 AM
Hello all

I teach young adults with learning difficulties, they have designed (and developed a prototype) cookbook aimed at people with learning difficulties who want to lead an independent life. The book could be used in schools/colleges and given as a free resource to people wanting supported living.

My post is two fold; firstly, they have entered a national competition to receive £5k funding to turn their idea into reality. I know self publicising is not very good netiquette but they have worked tirelessly to produce this book and it would make a massive difference to their lives, and the lives of others. If you have a couple of minutes could you vote for their idea, it just needs an email address then a confirmation through the email that is sent to you.

https://elevator.jisc.ac.uk/e/accessiblebydesign/idea/ucancook-augmented-reality-cookb

Secondly, it would be nice to hear some feedback and if the idea is chosen for funding whether the students could use this forum to research their idea further.

Hope this is OK to post and thank you in advance!

Hello all

I teach young adults with learning difficulties, they have designed (and developed a prototype) cookbook aimed at people with learning difficulties who want to lead an independent life. The book could be used in schools/colleges and given as a free resource to people wanting supported living.

My post is two fold; firstly, they have entered a national competition to receive £5k funding to turn their idea into reality. I know self publicising is not very good netiquette but they have worked tirelessly to produce this book and it would make a massive difference to their lives, and the lives of others. If you have a couple of minutes could you vote for their idea, it just needs an email address then a confirmation through the email that is sent to you.

https://elevator.jisc.ac.uk/e/accessiblebydesign/idea/ucancook-augmented-reality-cookb

Secondly, it would be nice to hear some feedback and if the idea is chosen for funding whether the students could use this forum to research their idea further.

Hope this is OK to post and thank you in advance!

Hi!

Your story has touched my heart so deeply!!

You must have a great big heart to take the time to teach young adults with learning disabilities on how to write cookbooks! I strongly commend you for doing that.
Most people with learning disabilities often have trouble finding someone to mentor them. I think that you are doing a great job of it!!

Keep up the good work, my friend!! :wink:

I do admire your idea BUT please be aware it is not so much the book as the situation in which it is used. A 5 year old can be taught to cook simple items [often more that an 18 year old on their way to college !] but it all depends on the teacher/mentor as above. I wish you well:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom