Cooking gifts under $50 USD?

FowlersFreeTime

Local time
6:57 AM
Website
www.fowlersfreetime.com
My wife said I should have a wishlist for my upcoming birthday to share with guests. So I thought "what are some gift ideas that won't break the bank" that I could ask for? Obviously I don't care if people show up to my birthday with or without gifts, but since some have already asked, why not?
Already on the list: a few accessories for the new grill, and a cookbook of smoker recipes.

Thoughts?

My wife said I should have a wishlist for my upcoming birthday to share with guests. So I thought "what are some gift ideas that won't break the bank" that I could ask for? Obviously I don't care if people show up to my birthday with or without gifts, but since some have already asked, why not?
Already on the list: a few accessories for the new grill, and a cookbook of smoker recipes.

Thoughts?
How about different kinds of wood chips/pellets for the smoker? Or some exotic spices like saffron? Mushroom growing kits (if you have time for that--having a youngster around makes one wonder where the day went).

I guess the trick is not getting a whole bunch of the same thing. You wouldn't want more saffron than you could use in a reasonable timeframe...

Also, not knowing what kind of gadgets you already have on hand...chef's torch? Extra butane for said torch?

A heavy-duty grilling apron, like one from Carhartt, maybe?

4D22DA5B-00EA-41FD-82CE-5ACEEB91A2A5.jpeg

Carhartt

What about the Dollar Tree?
My mind went straight to the cheap stuff.
Right now they have some cute melamine dishware great for outdoor entertaining.
All kinds of neat-o stuff like that.
I love Dollar Stores.

Thoughts?

Yeah, cookbooks are okay. But, the best gifts under fifty bucks come in bottles. Know what I mean? :wink:

CD

Thoughts?
Do you like wine? Because a well-stocked wine rack of various types might be nice as well. Yeah the booze idea is good too but wine in my experience is easier to gauge the level of imbibement, since when having a baby around it's really hard to deal with the kiddies when hungover.

I do like cookbooks, because I like books in general, but every few years, I give a bunch away.

I don’t like gadgets much, because they take off space and I don’t seem to remember to use them. That torch in the ham recipe I posted. I got that for Christmas…two years ago, and I’ve used it maybe three times.

Maybe something like a cooking demo/class, though that’ll probably be more than $50.

If I had my wish, without fear of judgements... Amazon gift cards. Let me hoard those up and buy a new camera in the fall LOL!
But my wife's point is, this (wishlist) makes it easy for people to get a little something and feel like they got me a gift I really wanted. So I get it.
Well you could have her post rhe Amazon Chris Fowler registry! You could thumb through and pick modest ideas.

I'm just saying the stockpile of giftcards isn't probably going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom