Cooking In Microwaves: Love It Or Hate It?

I try to only use the microwave for heating and re-heating as much as possible, because I find using it for cooking usually makes the food rubbery. I don't mind using it for cooking things that don't make much of a difference cooked in a microwave like instant ramen, but besides that I rarely use it for anything other than heating up some food items or ingredients.

I have read so many studies on whether microwaves are safe or whether they are plain harmful and I think the answer is moderation. They are fine if you are going to consume microwaved food once in a while. Every time is not the way to go because it zaps the nutrition out of food so you want to make sure that you are getting a good balance of healthy, fresh foods alongside your reheated take out or leftovers.

I don't like to cook in the microwave because I have read a few studies that show microwaves are harmful to our health. So I use the microwave to reheat items, but I don't like to use it for anything that will take longer than a minute or so. I would also worry that if I did cook something in the microwave it would never be fully cooked.

We had a microwave at home but we do not use it for cooking or even for reheating foods. It is best to cook food the useful way it should be in the stove where foods smells and taste better.

I mainly use mine for reheating things like leftovers or for softening butter. Never for cooking!

The only time that I cook in a microwave is if I was to busy to cook a full course meal. I also use it during the day for fast dinners to snack on. I like using a microwave because it is very useful with my busy schedule.

I mainly use mine for reheating leftovers making popcorn and for melting butter.

Not for the actual cooking itself!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom