Cooking related Xmas gifts?

No we generally get chocolate, wine and cheese although we have previously received a cookery book, never done any of the recipes though.

I am counting these Cyber Monday purchases as Christmas gifts, which I bought for myself:

Salt and Pepper Shakers - impractical for table use, since they grind so quickly. If I wanted to use it for a dish, I'd find the dish covered in a blanket of salt. But, they're great for soups and such.

main_variation_Default_view_1_425x425.jpg

Globe Decanter with Glasses and Stone Ice Cubes - the definition of impractical, but really, really cool. Those 4 cubes can be frozen to provide cooling to a drink without diluting it, but they aren't nearly as cold as an ice cube. But, like I said, this is an amazingly cool thing.

21087e3d-357a-4f4f-8e74-ad1789dc13c4_1.b135353458fd2bc8ac55717033ac8b24.jpg

Salt and Pepper Shakers - impractical for table use, since they grind so quickly. If I wanted to use it for a dish, I'd find the dish covered in a blanket of salt. But, they're great for soups and such.
I have a set of electric S&P mills - they're great, and so useful when you need to season something like meat because you can grind with one hand whilst moving the meat around with the other.
Check on the bottom...you may be able to adjust the size of the grind which makes them easier to use at the table.

Talking of salt and pepper grinders, I have some favourite ones I bought in Waitrose - but like many other types they irritatingly shed salt and pepper grounds when parked on the shelf or table. I now have them sitting in small shallow ramekins to collect the grindings which escape.

Talking of salt and pepper grinders, I have some favourite ones I bought in Waitrose - but like many other types they irritatingly shed salt and pepper grounds when parked on the shelf or table. I now have them sitting in small shallow ramekins to collect the grindings which escape.

Oh yes that is annoying, didn't realise until I took ours out of the cupboard and left quite a few grindings behind :laugh:

My OH bought me a quirky kitsch set of statuettes which he didn’t realise are S&P cruet until I laughed on Xmas morning assuming he was intentionally adding to my small collection.

A foodie friend gifted me a small bottle black garlic preserved in honey - not sure what I will do with that yet. Maybe a glaze.

A girlfriend gifted me a rude & offensive wine glass which I love & it couldn’t have come at a better time.

A foodie friend gifted me a small bottle black garlic preserved in honey - not sure what I will do with that yet. Maybe a glaze.

That sounds interesting.

A girlfriend gifted me a rude & offensive wine glass which I love & it couldn’t have come at a better time.

:laugh: Make good use of it!

That sounds interesting.

:laugh: Make good use of it!

I did. On NYE.

There was a party here that was not of my making. I returned from my short break & drank wine and watched from the guest perspective.

Our niece did comment that it was “different” to the usual events at our place. I asked whatever did she mean. :D

There were no theme, table cloths, twinkle lights, candles, and the food was very basic.

The glass, FYI states

To do list

1 - drink wine
2 - not give a Fxxx

With check marks next to the items.

Hahaha

Last edited:
Quiet nye here, lots booze and just family. No food related prezzies. Which was unusual. My kids normally get me something kitchen related.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom