Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
11:00 PM
astiat_6.jpg
Photo credits
This post is edited according to tips.

Last edited:
I’ve read a dutch oven is the name for a heavy, usually enamel pan that can go both on the oven and the stovetop.

I’ve read a dutch oven is the name for a heavy, usually enamel pan that can go both on the oven and the stovetop.
True, that's what we call them here. The Dutch oven pictured above has little feet on it, so it can be used outside over a campfire (or in a big fireplace).

When you say foreigners...not sure what you mean. Who are 'the foreigners' in this context? There are quite a few different names for the same things in the UK/USA. Dutch oven is not a term used in the UK much and in the US it means what in the UK would be called a casserole dish. Casserole also means different things in UK/US. Its a minefield!

Some of the names in the image feel a bit off (and I don’t know who uses caldrons in the kitchen?) but I feel like this is still useful for non native english speakers. There’s a couple of utensils there I’ve been misnaming .

Thank you for all the constructive criticism :thumbsup:. I made a few adjustments: a) edited the name of the thread (took away the term 'foreigners' and changed 'kitchen utensils' into 'cooking utensil illustrations, images and charts', b) altered the image of the Dutch oven and added the adjustment 'oven pot' and c) removed the 'Wonder Pot'. Please let me know if there are other big mistakes and I'll try to fix them. As LissaC said some non-native English speakers might get help from these kinds of compilation charts.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the constructive criticism :thumbsup:. I made a few adjustments: a) edited the name of the thread (took away the term 'foreigners' and changed 'kitchen utensils' into 'cooking utensil illustrations, images and charts', b) altered the image of the Dutch oven and added the adjustment 'oven pot' and c) removed the 'Wonder Pot'. Please let me know if there are other big mistakes and I'll try to fix them. As LissaC said some non-native English speakers might get help from these kinds of compilation charts.
I wasn't criticizing at all - I learned something new, since I googled "wonder pot!" :)

There is just room to insert an image of a "chef's pan" which I've only recently learnt that I have three.

I wasn't criticizing at all
Tasty mate Hermulen is thanking you for providing Constructive criticism is a helpful way of giving feedback that provides specific, actionable suggestions. Rather than providing general advice, constructive criticism gives specific recommendations on how to make positive improvements. Constructive criticism is clear, to the point and easy to put into action. Don't you have the term in the US ?

True, that's what we call them here. The Dutch oven pictured above has little feet on it, so it can be used outside over a campfire (or in a big fireplace).

Ummm, I don't see the feet. That kind of Dutch oven also has a lid made to hold hot coals, so you have heat from below and above, and a wire handle.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 4.48.25 AM.jpg

CD

Maybe all of us! Most of those names, I know and associate with what we have here in the US, but I've never heard the term "Wonder Pot." 🤷🏻‍♂️

Okay, we are seing different illustrations. I don't see a "Wonder Pot" anywhere. :scratchhead:

I don't see the word "foreigners," either.

CD

Ah, that explains my confusion. :laugh:

CD

Back
Top Bottom