CookingBites Dish of the Month (April): Pizza

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:41 AM
CookingBites invites you to a Pizza Party! Each month we choose a different and accessible dish so that most of us can join in, cook and post the results. This month, pizza has been chosen by popular vote.

Join in and tell us about the pizzas you cook during April. As usual, the wilder the better! Innovation is positively encouraged. All you need to do is post a description and/or photo of your pizza. If you want to post a recipe please post it as new thread and link back to this thread. PM me (or another moderator) if you need help to do this.

Last edited:
We have a company I drop 1 ton lots of tomato base purée off to. On a regular basis, I got talking to the forklift driver who unloads me about pizzas they make. I asked how many they make? He replied between 10 and 15,000. I said in a week, he replied, no, a day. I still can't get my head around that many pizzas in one day.

Russ

I'm just going to post this in order that the forum keeps me informed.

Bacon and mushroom.

bacon pizza 1 s.jpg

I'd really like to give a quattro stagioni another try. I shall need to find a substitute for artichokes though because they are not readily available.

This is one that I cooked earlier.

View attachment 23400

Well apparently the 4 seasons are represented by artichokes (Spring), tomatoes or basil (Summer), mushrooms (Autumn) and ham or olives (Winter). So it looks like you need another 'Spring' ingredient. Asparagus perhaps?

Well apparently the 4 seasons are represented by artichokes (Spring), tomatoes or basil (Summer), mushrooms (Autumn) and ham or olives (Winter). So it looks like you need another 'Spring' ingredient. Asparagus perhaps?

Asparagus is available here and quite cheap. These were less than £1.00.

asparagus s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom