CookingBites Dish of the Month (May): Tortilla-based dishes

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
1:28 PM
Each month we choose a different and accessible dish so that most of us can join in, cook and post the results. This month, tortilla-based dishes has been chosen. There is no shortage of types of dishes which use tortillas - for a list of dishes, see below.

So, join in and tell us about the tortilla-based dishes you create during May. Innovation is positively encouraged. All you need to do is post a description and/or photo of your dish. If you want to post a recipe please post it as new thread and link back to this thread. PM me (or another moderator) if you need help to do this.

Tortilla-based dishes:

Last edited:
I use corn tortillas to "wrap" kebabs.

pork kebabs s.jpg

I'm going to try making my own tortillas - I have some blue masa flour. Any tips appreciated. I don't have a tortilla press.

Arepas aren't tortillas. They are corn cakes that get sliced open and filled. More like a sandwich. Like tamales are basically the same dough as tortillas,but they are much different.

Arepas aren't tortillas. They are corn cakes that get sliced open and filled. More like a sandwich. Like tamales are basically the same dough as tortillas,but they are much different.

Oops! Sorry - I am a novice here when it comes to tortillas. I simply downloaded the list from the notoriously inaccurate Wiki! Having looked at the photos I can see that they are definitely not tortillas as I understand them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom