CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Saffron

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
7:43 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. Our judge @murphyscreek who won the previous challenge has chosen Saffron as the next ingredient.

saffron-1.jpg

To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring saffron as a new thread, tag it "CookingBites Recipe Challenge" and post a link to it in this thread. The challenge will provisionally run for three weeks, ending at 12:00 midday on the 8th May BST (GMT+1)

Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

[Mod.Edit - This post has been copied to form a new thread - the replies/discussion ensuing have been moved to the new thread] See here

Cool. I bought saffron bulbs but unfortunately they won't bloom in time... (I'm planting them in May.)

But I'll be thinking of doing something with some I'll purchase. It won't be risotto - I dislike watery rice. But I've ideas...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note for those of you that have never cooked with saffron before, remember that you can always add more, but you can't take away. Too much saffron and you are going to get a medicinal taste instead of that lovely floral saffron taste, and it's a VERY fine line between just right and too much.

Back
Top Bottom