Recipe Corn dogs

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:50 AM
full.jpg

The original recipe came from one of Sarah Moulton's shows. I've modified the technique a bit.

Corn Dogs
1 pound good quality hot dogs
2/3 cup corn meal
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oil
1 cup flour plus extra to roll hot dogs in
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, slightly beaten

Cooking oil, like vegetable, peanut or canola

8 sticks

Insert sticks at least half way into hot dog lengthwise. Roll hot dogs in extra flour. Set aside.

Mix corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add milk and cooking oil, and egg, mix well. Dip hot dogs in corn dog mixture, ensuring you have complete coverage. Cook in hot oil at 365 degrees until golden brown.

Notes: I pour the corn dog mixture into a tall thin glass or a plastic squirt bottle.

I usually pan fry these as we gave our deep fryer to DD since we didn't use it that much. The last time we made these, I cut the hot dogs in half lengthwise so was able to deep fry them in a saucepan without using too much oil.

Last edited:
I've never seen anything like this before. Maybe they could catch on here! They do sort of beg you to take a bite...

I've never seen anything like this before. Maybe they could catch on here! They do sort of beg you to take a bite...
Oh, corn dogs are delicious! At every county fair and outdoor festival here, and they're especially marketed as a "fun food" for kids, but they're great for adults, too.

Back
Top Bottom